What a howler this is

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Guybrush, Jan 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

So I had a successful day canvassing today managed to bag 5 customers and three of them regular 6 weekly.

I take down all the details, mob numbers, name and address obviously, and any notes wether need ladders and wether needs a txt or not the night before.

I flyer and canvass at the same time and write all the details on the flyer at the bottom of the pile. A few streets towards the end of the day I realised I had somehow posted that flyer with all the details on through someones door!!!!

Lol I had narrowed it down to being one street where that flyer must have been and knocked on nearly all the doors that I had already knocked on canvassing. Chinese woman opens the door I see the flyer she picks it up realises whats happened because she is reading all the customers and prices and addresses and gives it to me laughing her **** off. I asked her if she needed a window cleaner for the crack.

I'm so glad I don't have a boss. ''erm sorry chief I got 5 customers but all there details are on a leaflet through someones door''

Best of luck to everyone in the new year.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

At least you got your list back :D

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

:DChange your name to frank

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You don't go clambering over gates too then find out the fence at the side has been taken down like frank, fred or whatever his name is. Now that can only happen to cheapncheerful surely? :laugh:

5. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

Took me all day to get that list, my heart dropped when I realised I had posted it through someones door.

Funny thing is I was knocking on doors asking for my leaflet back that I had just posted. I was like mr Bean today.

My eyes lit up when I saw it on the floor blank side up with all the notes on it.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Just goes to show door knocking pays off in more ways than one....great result, well done :thumbsup:

7. Guybrush

Guybrush Active Member

Thanks Smurf.

8. TolishAPurd

Lol, couldve been worse mate, you could have posted it through another windies door. :eek::D

9. Alpha

Alpha Member

To prevent this happening again you should use a notepad:)

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Or smartphone like me
    I would have to be an idiot to post that

Advertisement