What a job !!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Neil, Jun 17, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Quoted the gutters on this job (bungalow) only saw the front and sides as the customer was out when I quoted! So as it's a bungalow just went with the fact it could have a conny roof so charged a bit extra , the customer rang me up and said yes go ahead with that quote, then she said I have a small canopy round the back can you give that a wipe as well , yes no problem all in with the same price I said! I turned up today and oh my god [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Its a tad mucky:confused:

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I thought it might be hard to clean but this was ridiculous!!! Even ubik wouldn't help that much!! I charged £50 for the gutters and she ended up giving me £60 for the canopy thank god ! But I had to give my good friend her number as I couldn't get the little last bits off the roof and he has a jet wash . I was there for 3hrs!!! I would of charged £130 for this roof normally , check the after pic and zoom in you will see the little bits I have left because I couldn't get it off . She was happy with it but I said to her my friend can get the last bits off for her at a good price. [​IMG]

4. cheapncheerful

crackin pictures ....yes me slipped up being too lazy to go and look many a time...:eek: great job though....

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep lichen is a barstuard to get it all off. Still you done a great job for ten squid so when can you come and do mine :D

I tell customers before I start I will try to do the best job I can but lichen is really difficult to get off. I've also found ubik & virosol can leave staining where the moss and lichen had been as must be something to do with the chem reaction to the dirt/surface.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

To be honest at first looking at the pic for a min I thought it was part of the main roof as it looked so bad.

You learnt a very good lesson on that quote me thinks

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm thinking would hypo been quicker to use but not sure if it would have damaged the fiberglass though.

Has anyone tried sodium hypochlorite (hypo) on fiberglass roof panels before?

Njones have you?

8. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Yup - the ones I tried it on were 30 years old & beyond saving though so I can't comment how it'd affect modern panels. It got the green grime off them though!

9. Neil

Neil Grand Master

It was very tough I was scrubbing like a gooden , the ubik was ok to use just put a tiny bit in a pump spray you just have to be quick at scrubbing and rinsing it off lol

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I sometimes attach my diy scrub pad or plastic scraper to a pole too as even the best wfp brush will struggle to remove lichen even when using chems like ubik.

Advertisement