Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a lovely customer......

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mupps

I cleaned for one of my customers today and she informed me that I probably won't be able to access the windows as the house will be surounded by scaffolding on my next visit. I replied by saying just let me know when they've finshed and I can pop back to clean for you. She replied saying that when I'm there again next month (this is a four weekly clean) I must knock on the door so that she can still pay me; I asked her why? She said that as I'm running a business I shouldn't refuse the regular payment for her clean as it's not my fault she's having work done on the house. How lovely is that?

I did refuse the offer and she wasn't having any of it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's rare but nice when they do that. I've a customer who inadvertently blocked his side access and I couldn't clean his back windows. I only charged him for cleaning the front but he transferred the whole amount to me. He said why should I miss out when it was his fault. 

I had a customer very similar , she lived in England for 6 months of the year and the other 6 months in New Hampshire USA , she always payed me for the 6 months she was away saying don’t clean the windows whilst Ime away but I will pay you I said no but she was having none of it , unfortunately she died last month from a stroke , her husband emailed me telling me what had happened and her instructions were that Ime to carry on  doing the windows just the same as always , but he will now pay me , pity all customers arnt as good , she was a lovely lady always kind and happy .

I cleaned for one of my customers today and she informed me that I probably won't be able to access the windows as the house will be surounded by scaffolding on my next visit. I replied by saying just let me know when they've finshed and I can pop back to clean for you. She replied saying that when I'm there again next month (this is a four weekly clean) I must knock on the door so that she can still pay me; I asked her why? She said that as I'm running a business I shouldn't refuse the regular payment for her clean as it's not my fault she's having work done on the house. How lovely is that?

Remind her about your tip ??

thats great.....there really are some fantastic customers out there.....once you ve got a  new van with all the best equipment and you put her price up she ll probably cancel over a quid.......?

Back