Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro Set Up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

the RO membrane works like this

water enters inlet and is forced through the membrane under pressure (the membrane only allows water molecules through to the centre (97/99%) as the holes become worn over time this will allow other contaminants through pushing up your ppm.

the other stuff is forced along the outside of the membrane to the waste pipe and down the drain

the water molecules from the centre of the membrane are allowed through another outlet to a holding tank or then through a DI vessel to your van tank etc.

You do not need 3 pre filters Gardiner sell an all in one 10 inch for about 20 quid which i use now this helps maintain water pressure at the RO.

so if i get that, and 1 houseing, i then connect my water in, and i will end up with 2 water outs, 1 pure 1 waste, run waste away and pure to di,

No this is a pre filter not an RO membrane.

You asked a few questions I just answered the RO question.

this it before the RO to prolong its life and cut larger particles and chlorine out etc

waste of time i`d say, if only using DI most people that use DI usually have reasonable quality water any way 100ish ppm or less.

if your not using a lot of pure you could go higher but the cost mounts up.

Saying this my ppm goes from 65 - 90 up and down and I still use RO and never really buy DI resin.

What is your reading?

might be worth investing in a good RO will bring your ppm down to 001ppm from your 85 easy.

wouldn`t even need resin at that.

for a good 2 years if used correctly.

for fast fills you could pick a 40 inch membrane up for 205 and then a new housing for 150.

or some good 40 inch housings on ebay now at 21quid atm

you would get approx. 14000lt with a twin di , I have done the twin doi route the ro route and now I am in the middle of getting a 4040 set up but if I had a 85 ppm I think I would stick to a twin di no storage fill a tank up in 20 minutes etc

Latest Posts

Back