What A Year!

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rjacandwc, Nov 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

Since the hosepipe ban a few months back... All's it has done is RAIN!!!... It is really starting to get to me now!... What about you???

Advertisement
  2. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

Yer working like a man possessed when you get a dry ish day and looking at my books a good 2 and a half weeks behind!! Up side is got the kidds paddling pool and 6 water buts full of rain water with a tds ranging from 8 to 13 lol GF

3. laddergarder

We have a dry week forecasted, so touch wood. But the last three weeks here have been terrible, and have been a little behind each week.

4. rjacandwc

Yeah! Like your comments... Getting behind is not much fun!.. Weather can be a pain!.. Lets hope for a dryer year 2013...

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

The upside to when it rains alot I tend to get more enquires for gutter clearing (blocked & overflowing gutters) also pressure washing for slippery hard surfaces. That's why to be honest I don't have a large window cleaning round as can offer a wide range of services that can be done when raining. High winds I find more of a problem for me....

6. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I agree, I am about 2 weeks behind now and im starting to get fed up with the rain, since I only work on the weekends. I have the christmas week off so going to work the 3 days that I can and hopefully catch up.

7. Doo

Doo Well-Known Member

I have been incredibly lucky working weekends since July I have all my work done and this weekend looks great for weather too been great all week in Ayrshire

8. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Rain is probably the worst aspect of this job. I seem to be studying the forecast and have on the odd occasion cancelled jobs when heavy all day rain has been forecast. This has often turned out to be a bad mistake as forecasts seem to change quite dramatically!. I am about two weeks behind, but no change there....I have been behind all year. Most of my monthly customers seem to get done every six weeks!

9. Posh

Posh Hero

That's why I switched from 4 to 6 weeks. Gives you a bit of grace.

10. rjacandwc

Yeah! I am work monthly/Bi monthly at the moment... Come Apr i am going to switch to a 4-6 week rota!..

Advertisement