What am i missing?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by sambo, Jan 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sambo

sambo Member

Hi guys

I've been lurking in the background for some time working out what I need to start out in WFP cleaning and was wondering if I could get some last bits of advice?

Planning on Windows/gutters/fascias/jet washing.

I have set up my ro/di system in my cellar and have a van tank with all the gear that is obvious but was wondering what people carry around on their vans day to day that they use.

Also What chemicals if any do people carry on their vans? What are they for and what's your favourite way of applying it?

What brush do people tend to use for fascias/cladding? I take it they wouldn't use it on windows too?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I carry Virosol, cream cleaner and solvent cleaner. I use a sill brush with fan jets in it for fascias etc. I use a pump up sprayer with diluted Virosol in it that I've modified so I can reach up to gutter level easily.

3. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

I use a black tecbuk for cladding and faciacs, conny roofs , Only use it on really dirty velux windows

Hybrid for glass only

4. sambo

sambo Member

Do you clean with the virosol from ground level then? No ladders used?

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I can use from the ground, yes. I take ladders wherever I go anyway, so if they're needed, they're on the roof of the van. I always take step ladders for conny roof jobs, it's a lot easier to do a roof with them if access is tight.

6. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

How have you modified your pump spray Tuffers....is it fixed to a pole,

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yes Shiny. I use an old pole. I glued part of the wand from the sprayer to a resi neck with resin. Added a straight JG fitting to the other end of the wand. Then got about 25' of pole hose with JG barbed connector to slide into the JG straight. I then added an in-line tap and added a further 10' or so of pole hose that connects to the bottle. It works a treat! :thumbsup:

8. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

cheers Tuffers I ve often thought its a pity I can't reach Facias with a pump spray, especially on the real minger's ....I shall definitely be giving it a go. If you get chance anytime to post a few pics would appreciate it

9. sambo

sambo Member

That's a good plan. I had wondered if you could rig a pressure sprayer up to fan jets in a brush used for fascias etc to use chemicals so looks like its a good idea.

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

It's in my van. Hang on I'll get some pics....

Advertisement