Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can you clean my egged windows! for £4!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
Had the best phone call ever just now.

Private number been ringing all day..

I always ignore them, but curiosity got the better of me, so i answer..

"hello, are you a window cleaner", i am indeed how can i help

Caller sounds liek a right scrote right away im thinking no thanks

Anyway cut a long conversation short, i get the information that its a semi detatched with about 10 windows, "most of em av been egged mate just wan it clearin up" is the tone of the discussion...

Im thinking No tbh, was going to say ill come have a look and quote tomorrow but i know im thinking £30 or so and i know that aint happenin.

Ok i say, well if its been egged badly i could do it for £8! (absoloutely no intention of doing it but wanted to hear the response)

Ah cmon, 8 quid was the reply, how much would you expect to pay i ask, ill give you 4.

Thats not the best bit, can you come now? its half 6 pitch black

My response was "are you taking the ******* ****" first time ive sworn at a potential custy over the phone

surely a wind up? bizzare lol

Wonder if people barter with the cashier in Tesco when they fill their trolley and go to pay? That is the question I throw at people when they try and haggle a price with me.

Wallies like that must be on the wind up. I don't answer private numbers either. At the end of the day if their house has been egged then what does that say about them? They must be right nobs

I had a customer who I've done for 7 years allways do insides when she asks. Last month she says can you just do the front as hubby will do the back as he's retired now, ok I says £5 which Is far too cheap anyway, she then goes on to say can you do it for £4 cause were pensioners now!!! haaa I just laughed and walked away. Some people must have no concept of the value of money or literally try take the p***

View attachment 8913

I had a customer who I've done for 7 years allways do insides when she asks. Last month she says can you just do the front as hubby will do the back as he's retired now, ok I says £5 which Is far too cheap anyway, she then goes on to say can you do it for £4 cause were pensioners now!!! haaa I just laughed and walked away. Some people must have no concept of the value of money or literally try take the p***
Aye, pensioners who have it a lot better now than most of us will ever have.

When I was doing chimney sweeping I used to have it all the time. One guy had just turned 65 the week before a sweep, was telling me all about his party, and wanted pension rates.

Now if this guy had fought in the war or something I would have possibly thought about it but there he was hodding building materials up a ladder to the builder finishing the extension to his house.

Not in a month of Sundays did was he getting discount. Has the gall then to tell me after that he might use some of his pension to set up being a chimney sweep as we were all "minted". The muppet!

I cant be arsed with it.
When it get's to idiots on price it's easy.

'You got my number, call me if you need me' and just walk off.
Aye, and I say "I'll see if I can fit you in/add you to my diary etc etc" Gives you the chance to opt out politely should they call and they insist on only paying pennies.

Latest Posts

Back