What are the best hose fittings (opinions please)?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by window washer, May 27, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. As with most of us I currently use the hoselock type click fittings for my WFP van system. I use them on my DI vessel, on the inlet and outlet of the pre-filters, same on the 40/40 membrane, hose...and so on.
    They all eventually leak and I seem to change the one on the hose weekly as they constantly leak.
    Is there anything that is reasonaly priced that lasts a little longer as it is costing me a fortune?

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

have a look at these for the hose fittings,but it means using microbore hose which to be honest is lot easier to work with http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/EZ-Snap_Range.html

3. Thanks Nearly.
    Oddly enough I have a load of these connections as they were given to me when I bought various parts for my system by the shop but I just stored them away as I never knew what they were for.
    Next question then - my van system uses standard garden hose to connect the various parts (assume 12mm) and then on my rear bumper I have a four connection plate fitted so I can work with the van locked. The fitments are standard hoselock so 12mm is fine as is my hose width which is 8mm minibore (I bought this as I assumed this is the standard WFP hose to use) but I doubt I can place 6mm microbore straight into a hoselock connection.
    DO you thread a few inches of the micro into the mini and hoseclip it or is there :shy:a more professional way?
    I was not aware that some WC use microbore as there standard hose. This must be a lot eeasier as the 8mm is bloody heavy.

4. nearlyclean

Supplier

you can use this adaptor to reduce from 12mm to 6mm http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_1_FIT_HZLK_POLETAIL.html or you slip a short length of 12mm hose over 6mm superglue sandwiched between and a couple of hose clips

5. Perfect, thanks Nearly.
    Looks like yet another day adjusting my set up.
    It becomes an obsession!!!!

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Lol ye it does that!

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

The quest for the ultimate set up LOL

8. Perfect set-up - never happen!
    I spend hours tinkering then someone posts a new set up on this site and I actually find myself getting jealeous.
    I think I may soon starting living in the van LOL.
    Must be a mid-life crisis!!!!!

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Lol I am the same I look at pics of other set ups and think I wish I had that.

10. Oh Dear,
    Perhaps you should set up a new forum - The WFP system enthusiast forum.
    Time to get a life!!!!

Advertisement