what battery

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by ian scott, Apr 24, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ian scott

ian scott ian scott window cleaning services

I have a trolley system,and am wondering what the best battery is for it.thank you

Advertisement
  2. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

#2 Marko067, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    That depends on a number of things. Like what pump you're using. How often you want to charge the battery etc. A small battery, say 12v 7ah is relatively light (2kgs) compared to a 26ah that weighs in at about (8+kgs). Personally I've opted to use a small one and keep a spare one charged and ready to drop in should I need to. Don't want to be pulling, pushing and hefting the extra 6kgs around if I haven't got to. A smaller pump, say a backpack pump should give you a days work from a 7ah battery I believe. Something like a Sureflo might not. But if you have a spare battery you can swap out easily if need be.

3. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Biggest you can get away with really.

I have a 12ah one in mine abut 15 quid off ebay I think.

I wouldn't get a full days work from it though

4. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

#4 Andy, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Iv got a 12v 7ah bike battery on mine. My trolley pump is only a 87 psi. Iv just looked on Google and most backpack 12v sprayers look around the 7 to 12ah mark so I'm assuming you have to balance the pump to battery as some work all day with backpack with no problems.

Advertisement