Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner clamps keep springing open

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mikey2703

Hi all.

I've got 2 CLX 27, a CLX 35 and a super max 45 by Alex Gardiner- Great poles and highly recommend them.

Ive been using my CLX 27's for about 2 years now and decided to upgrade the clamps to the new self adjusting clamps. I got these from Gardiner Poles about 2 years ago and have only now decided to fit them as the section s are worn and the old parts are no longer available. Fitting was easy, however- having fitted the new clamps to both my CLX 27's and tightened them up so they no longer spin when fully closed, the clamps do not stay closed but slowly spring open all on their own . As you can imagine, this will be totally frustrating when they are extended and the clamp pops open all on its own! Can't get hold of Alex at Gardiner poles as they are closed till 5th Jan. Anyone got any useful ideas on how to resolve this? ps can't re use the old clamps as they have been cut off!!!

Hi all.I've got 2 CLX 27, a CLX 35 and a super max 45 by Alex Gardiner- Great poles and highly recommend them.

Ive been using my CLX 27's for about 2 years now and decided to upgrade the clamps to the new self adjusting clamps. I got these from Gardiner Poles about 2 years ago and have only now decided to fit them as the section s are worn and the old parts are no longer available. Fitting was easy, however- having fitted the new clamps to both my CLX 27's and tightened them up so they no longer spin when fully closed, the clamps do not stay closed but slowly spring open all on their own . As you can imagine, this will be totally frustrating when they are extended and the clamp pops open all on its own! Can't get hold of Alex at Gardiner poles as they are closed till 5th Jan. Anyone got any useful ideas on how to resolve this? ps can't re use the old clamps as they have been cut off!!!
Hi Mikey

This would be quite frustrating :confused: We have had this happen just once or twice with clients when fitting Smart Clamps to older poles. Not sure whether it is the level of wear on the older poles or something else causing it. On the odd occasion it has happened in the past we have been able to 'cure' it by doing the following:

1. Try tightening the lever bolts up by an extra full turn. If this doesn't work then try the 2nd step.

2. Loosen the lever bolt off until it only just clamps the section and see if this works, if it doesn't then on to step 3

3. Take the lever assembly apart and roughen up the shims concave side (the side the lever slides against) with some sandpaper.

If none of the above cure the issue please drop me an email on [email protected]

Back