What did you do once your round was full?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Jun 7, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#1 boarcity, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    im curious what you guys n girls do/did once your round was full. call a halt to taking on new customers? if so how do you call a halt?

my business is approaching capacity , now iv just started jacking up the prices . im expecting a few customers to drop off . im wondering once the gap fills up what to do next once iv done that.

Advertisement
  2. shazzy692002

Hey.....well you pick and choose your jobs, drop any bad payers, drop the jobs you don't enjoy and fill them with what your happy with.

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

hey,, how is it goin Shar ? saw/heard ur van last week,engine sounded good

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I made mine a lot more compact, dropped underpriced jobs that wouldn't accept an increase and put prices up across the whole round.

5. TolishAPurd

Good question. My plan was to just take on the extra work, do a bit of overtime for a while, and then sell it off as an established mini round.

6. shazzy692002

Hey boarcity im not to bad thanks dude, yeah vam not to bad at moment, had a couple of problems, but hopfully will be plain sailing now....

Not been on here for a while, sorry guys, have been trying to catch up on the week I had off. x

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

got the same problem boar must say
    must thin round get rid of bad payers
    got guy working with me at moment should i go for expanding with another guy or possible van

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

Duncs - its a dilemma . i know that next spring i will have to decide - do i expand with a 2nd van with driver [iv already got 3 workers +me in our van ] or possibly get a 6 seater van and 2 more workers that i drop off somewhere with a shedload of work and later collect at days end ,mad or what? .
    or do i just keep trimming the herd so i stay exactly the same size forever-im thinking that could go stale after a while ,no challenge

9. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Compact well priced round for me every time. Don't trust anyone else with my reputation.

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

are your guys on the ladders or W F P
    was advised keep your guys close to you so you have eye on them all times
    so they canny pinch your graft

Advertisement