Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How High Would You Go On A Ladder?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

H you are not supposed to stand any higher on a step ladder than the last three steps so if you have a step ladder with 3 steps you will be stood on the ground :lol:

This might come in handy H :rolleyes:

Stepladders in-use

Short duration work (maximum 30 minutes)

Light work (up to 10 kg)

Do not work off the top two steps (top three steps

for swing-back/double-sided stepladders) unless

you have a safe handhold on the steps

Avoid side-on working

Do not overreach – make sure your belt buckle

(navel) stays within the stiles and keep both feet

on the same rung or step throughout the task

Hope this helps? /emoticons/biggrin.png

What women can get on their stockings /emoticons/biggrin.png

ladders-tights-zoom.jpg

I use a guttervac and love them got it from Omi. However one thing to consider I still use the ladders and climb to three story's sometimes because a gutter clips come off etc.

Bottom line weigh up the risks like you would for a written risk assessment... Your the one that must feel confident up the ladder. If you are going to start doing more gutters then invest in a vac, can be safer at times...(when it's not windy /emoticons/wink.png )

Yeah think I'm gonna invest in a gutter vac, I have no problem with ladders at all or heights, but all it takes is one slip and its game over!! Do you gutter vac boys still charge as much as if you would using a ladder?

youl can charge a bit more using a gutter vac , well i do , theres no point in under selling your services

Oh really, I'd have thought less due to there being less risk! I do charge pretty well I think, and explain the benefits of having gutters cleaned, so sell it pretty well!!

Back