Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how to get brush level

WCF

Help Support WCF:

willowtreecleaning

Been trying my new trolley set up, but when im cleaning the brush on the gooseneck is twisting so when it is set to right angle and I start brushing it twists.

do I put tape around thread to stop this.

Yes smurf it looks like that.

Its a bayersan 26ft pole with a gardiner sill brush, alex put the fitting on brush to fit my pole it does up ok but to get it tight onto the screw fitting it ends up not square, not sure whether to put some tape on thread to help.

To be honest I've not had that problem as the thread on the brush should be ok to turn it back a wee bit if not lined up square with the adaptor so dosen't spin. I suppose you could try plumbers tape on the thread if need be to see if it makes any difference.

Another option is to go down the quick-loq route so you don't need to mess about with screwing the brush on/off the angle adaptor.

Ok smurf thanks, this pole is my starter only cost a tenner, only done a few houses so far with my new trolley, the plan is to invest my hard earned money into a gardiner clx with quick loc, then get a van, this brush and pole do the job but brush is slightly on the **** and its bugging me, I suspect the adapter is worn but its rivited to pole so not worth changing it.

H-man has also posted a few vids on how easy it is to fit a plastic angle adaptor onto any type of pole that may be of interest.

I've been thinking which is dangerous for me but guess the easiest solution without spending any money out would be to line the brush up so it's square to the angle adapter then simply put a screw through the brush stock to stop it spinning on the angle adaptor;)

Ive had this problem with Vikan brush spinning. Found putting PTFE tape on the thread cured it. Have to re do it about once a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had this problem with Vikan brush spinning. Found putting PTFE tape on the thread cured it. Have to re do it about once a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same problem with a Vikan not lining up on an Unger pole. The jet hose would be underneath the pole when fully tightened up. I got used to it though /emoticons/smile.png until I found Gardiner Pole Systems /emoticons/smile.png:)

Back