What do i need to stop the water

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by shazzy692002, Nov 23, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. shazzy692002

As some of you are aware, I now have a static system in my garage, I also have tanks in my garage that eventually I want to fill, but at the moment is am filling straight into the van,
    But when its full it just leak over, what do I do to need to stop the water from leaking. I also need the pump to stop too.

At the moment I am just timing it for 2 hours to go and turn it all off, but that's not good if you need to go out.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

hi shazzy hope your ankle is getting better.:D

...i have had a fair few floods myself....i use the timer method but i am struggling because....i forget.....so when the experts come along i will be reading with interest...

i was also reading a post the other day and i am not sure but....i think as your filters start to clog...your time increases....as i keep having to alter my times to fill a barrel....

3. seye

seye Forum Addict

4. shazzy692002

Thanks.
    I was thinking more along the line of buying a ballcock and attaching it to the side of the tank. would this not work?. x

5. seye

seye Forum Addict

Is there a pressure switch on your pump? Or you could try hooking up a timer switch to shut of pump if you know how long the tank takes to fill.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

6. shazzy692002

No don't think so, but I can buy a timer for the pump, to just go on for 2 hours etc....which are only a fiver...

7. seye

seye Forum Addict

That would be the best route because if you don't have a pressure switch and use a stopcock pump would keep running and eventually burn out.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

8. abs

abs Guru

Miss my old ionic system I just flicked the solenoid on and it auto stopped , possibly the same as seyes link

9. timbeam

timbeam Active Member

If you wanted to go this route you can also get a timer for your garden tap too. Would be easier than a float in your tank.

10. seye

seye Forum Addict

Bare in mind the pump would still need a timer as well.

Advertisement