What do they expect!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gav, Jul 15, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

I just read the whole thread, that makes for depressing reading.

The thread was in 2010, but I bet their are still idiots out there charging the same prices.

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I know. It's those idoits that charge such stupid prices and do a **** job that make people think less of our service and businesses grrr.

4. £2.60!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm averaging £20 a house.
    Interesting to read people's opinions and what they expect.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. TolishAPurd

I can't think of a job I would ever do for two pounds and sixty pence. I'd rather do it for free than hold my hand out for that.

6. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Some unbelievably tight gits out there...since my round is full every new quote is given at a hourly rate I am happy with and those existing houses that are too low are given a new price which they can take or leave....just got started on a new customer Monday, she was over the moon, said she had called every number on Yell and no one was interested...before I'd even climbed the first ladder a lady comes walking over in her PJ's desperate for a window cleaner, I figure this little roads worth a quick canvass and every door that answered signed up...then some thin lipped woman pulls up from getting back from shopping and asks if I will take a look at hers, small house, so minimum charge of a tenner..."oh, I don't think it should be more than eight" she says...old me would have given in, not any more...good luck getting someone when I've got all your neighbours just to try to save two quid I thinks...she'll come round, can't wait to see her face when I tell her first cleans double.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I had a custy give me her mates number yesterday
    I text her as i was busy
    She said this is my address can you do it monthly..do it and then tell me how much as i am away at the mo and I'll pay it in your bank
    I know she will pay as is a good mate of my custy who is my wifes mate
    Woman has got me 4 jobs so far all good custys who appreciate a good job
    Why isn't everyone like that:)
    I've just pulled up there to do fsg and then monthly windows

8. Shiny Dan

Shiny Dan Member

To be honest the custie and the windie are as bad as each other - why not just say your price has to go up or if you want frames included rather than a glass only clean it's extra and be professional about it. Customer can take it or leave it but for £2.60 they are leaving in a dream land.

9. norm

norm Grand Master

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. paul fenwick

paul fenwick Guest

two window cleaners,father and son, here in Gateshead in the North East are charging £2 per house,2/3 bedroom, every two weeks and have been doing so for a few years and have a large round.so hard to compete with that, people up here just looking for cheapest price, also lots of competition in the area on similar prices so making it hard to build my round up as I refuse to work for such low prices.

Advertisement