Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

S-Plus dog ear

I've been using a 10" liquidator in an ergotec handle and am still struggling to get used to it to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Been using my own dog eared Unger S channel for a couple of years and I reckon I had the pressure of the dog ear just about right...just ordered a load of supplies (including an S-Plus channel)...don't know if it's just me but I find the dog ear a bit aggressive...anyone else think likewise and if so have you bent them back a bit with successful results?
redused the depth of bend on mine quite a bit lot better now

I have done everything with the liquidator but was a mess al the time checking panes for line etc. Plus its slower than going mad with a widebody channel and wipe the edges, my view if it after some serious trials

I could never get on with the liquidator.

You shouldn't have to modify and adjust clips on a product which just isn't up to the job.

I would imagine a lot of people brought one and stopped using it and went back to their previous brand.

its an ultimate tool when sorted-took me ages looking at vids-forums etc,to get the damn thing right.try different handle,alter the handle,try different rubber,heat the clips,alter the angle of the blade.was it worth it YES.but I agree its not for everyone

I got a liquidator and an s plus to play with.

The liquidator is amazing... once you get the hang of it.

The unger is... well... not that much diffrent to a normal unger.

My luquidator is in there normal handle.

Jase

Sent from my SM-G920F using Window Cleaning Forums

[media]

[/media]All those who say the liquidator is **** watch this vid

6 minutes in and a 6 year old who is left handed is using it fine with both hands

Makes you think the problems may be in how you are using it not the tool :whistle:

I would imagine a lot of people brought one and stopped using it and went back to their previous brand.
I would imagine they did as there are a lot of people willing to blame tools instead of modifying their technique to suit their new tools as you would have to do in any trade when changing makes and styles of tool

I haven't changed anything on my channels and i can use them fine

The first ones i had i heated the clips but that was personal preference and the ones that are supplied now are a tighter fit anyway

I even have a prototype still from the very beginning with completely different clips on the end hand that were still being played with by polzn bladz to perfect them which works no problem. .just needs to be used slightly differently. .bit of a pattern emerging methinks

Last edited by a moderator:
To a degree your right Dave maybe these new tools need new techniques.

But for me I had no problem with my previous brand of tools.

I took a punt on the liquidator and part of this was the marketing and hype around it I thought it was werth a go.

The liquidator just wasn't for me and I'm not the only one you only have to look at the forums and see the response there like marmite you even love them or hate them.

I have seen that on the facebook groups Craig

I just altered my technique a touch and i was fine

I had already been using a swiveloc 0° before and modifying all my own channels similar to how Bob does it for a long time so maybe that is why i had no issues using them as i was already used to working differently

But seriously it is just a case of altering how you work a little

Going a touch slower which is actually quicker when not having to detail and getting it bang on

Then you start to speed up and don't look back

I used Damo's standard squeegees the other day to trad an inside job and it was not fun at all

Getting the microfibre out every window etc and having to detail stuff

Latest Posts

Back