What do you all do? Just windows or gutters aswell?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by harunh, Feb 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

Does everybody here... do windows only or do gutters aswell?

Because am starting up should i just start of doing windows or should i do both windows and gutters ? :( thankyou

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

I'm also starting up after working for another wc for some time, I'm planning on doing gutters aswell you don't need much kit to do them.

Won't do you no harm adding it to your business aswell.

3. harunh

harunh Legend

Hi paul mate,

All you need is adecent vacuum right ? and just be patient while clogging along the gutter with the vac?

4. chip

chip Guru

i do gutters as well, but by hand, don't really like doing them as i end up making a pigs ear of pricing- just find it hard to charge what it really should be as i don't see from their perspective how just 1 length could be 20 or 30 quid, i'm going some to ask that for the lot!

5. harunh

harunh Legend

So chip is it easy as it looks ? U jsut need a decent vac right?

6. chip

chip Guru

i do it by hand, but it's usually pretty easy

7. laddergarder

I don't do gutters, I have did my grandparents gutters before by hand it I can see how it could be difficult to price correctly. I you are just starting out I would say, yeah go for it. I gutter jobs should keep you busy when your quite with the windows. But I don't know if I would pay for an expensive vac, I would just to it by hand with a set of ladders.

Another thing to consider though, is you may have to let your insurers know as your public liability will likely on cover you for cleaning windows.

8. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

I do gutters, i do them by hand.
    Charge £15 per gutter
    And 3 story ones are 30-50 each.
    A house will take me an hour max so not hard to price. I do thdm on rain days and ones were im not busy.

9. simon

simon Guru

i just use a 2 section unger telescopic pole with a spoon type screw on thingy so i only need to put the ladder up once & i can sSwear word!e up both sides , hang a bucket off the ladder with a bungee to put gunge in. council house types i do for £15 but definately up to £50 for high ones or near trees
    i try & save them for a rainy day or a sunday

10. Paul

Paul Guest

I find by hand is the best way gutter vacs are ok but gloves are cheaper :(

Advertisement