Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tips For Leaded Lights

WCF

Help Support WCF:

vespawho

Hi Guys and Girls

I have noticed the last couple of time i have been to my local that the windows have been a bit dirty/ smeary. I am going to ask them this week if they have a windy. But thought i would just check for any tips as to cleaning leaded windows with wfp?

cheers

Nope just clean the same really, probably easier to clean than normal glass.

Be carful on lead though, if you push too hard or scrub too hard you can rip lead off!

If its double glazing leaded it will be fine.. If its old single panes, that are held together by the lead then just be very careful, on these I tend to go side to side rather than scrub up and down

Sorry yes i should of said it is old style, although they are in good nick and not all bowed like some. Will go careful if i get it, fingers crossed!

If they are old I go diagonal, sort of follow the grain. First few times you clean old lead lights you can end up with a lot of spots because the lead holds the dirt and probably has for many years.

Back