What Do You Find The Most Effective Way To Gaining New Customers?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Extreme Clean, Apr 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Extreme Clean

Extreme Clean Newcomer

I've tried a number of different marketing strategies: leaflets, knocking on, facebook, friend recommendations, Internet presence etc and I just wondered what other people find most effective.
    Leaflets for me doesn't seem to work, but actually knocking on and speaking to people does as does advertising on facebook.

Advertisement
  2. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Google listings are best, these link to your website and 80% of my new work come from my website.

The rest are customer recommendations. Leaflets weren't too great and I just don't like door knocking.

The website works because in my area the other guys don't have websites! and people like to have a closer look. I have a 'contact us' form, so people contact me via this as it's very easy.

3. Extreme Clean

Extreme Clean Newcomer

I've just recently set up Google listings do I hope that will draw in some more customers.

Who have you got your website with? I was looking at vistaprint and 1and1 but haven't got much further than looking to be honest.

I don't want to shell out money unnecessarily at the moment as I'm a new business.

4. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Door knocking and leaflets combined, I knock door , speak too potential customer and leave a leaflet, if nobody at home I just leave the leaflet obviously , its the only way IMO too build a round, all the other ways will work but a hell of a lot slower

5. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I use YOLA.COM about £17 a year

6. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

when i,m working chap the doors close by you, always pick work up, funny enough when i first started i picked work up from the local cleaners
    they stopped me and gave me graft , the work was ok to
    i,ve also gave work to lads just starting off ,the idea is they wont try and take your work

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Using a canvasser to get yer started then just word of mouth or people see you. Only used canvasser as didn't like door knocking & have a friend who did it dirt cheap for me.

8. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Door knocking all the way I canvassed for 3 evenings last week got 15 new customers .

Facebook seems to do ok too but the thing with Facebook is some people never bother to check the other message folder
    So you can arrange to quote them but they won't get the message .

Yell.com too I had 4 calls last week just from Yell.com my ad had only been on for a few weeks .

9. harunh

harunh Legend

my door knocking days are behind me now

10. Whizz-Bizz

Whizz-Bizz Forum Addict
    Supplier

Getting a canvasser that knows how to knock, cough cough

Advertisement