Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you think about canvassing

I wanna start by saying I completely respect the job you guys do. I think however that this is a really poor example of how to do things. I will add the caveat that my opinion is assuming the person is an inexperienced window cleaner. 0 to 6k in 4 months sounds like a recipe for disaster. Firstly all of those cleans are taking longer because they're first cleans. There has been no space for the round to grow organically so you don't know who the wasters are, there would be a lot of stuffing people around until you get things right. And finally, but most importantly, a new windy wouldn't necessarily have the skills to service that amount of work that quickly.

I think it's good that lead gen and canvassing companies exist as some people don't like canvassing, don't have the time etc. I just think the above example isn't practical in the real world.
You are right to the average new window cleaner starting up this is not an ideal way to grow especially at that growth. It took me a couple years just to get my head around wfp and how it all worked. Some of us are slow learners and some of us start with little income/experience so the learning curve is much steeper and realistically it's going to take 2-3 years or longer to get a round earning 4k a month or more.
I am trying my best with the services that i offer to make this process quicker and easier for those window cleaners that do have a bit of money or are prepared to invest in paying for the work so they can just focus on the cleaning and scheduling and admin. The great thing is everybody can run the business however they want. Personally i would never of paid anyone for leads or canvassing when i started years ago, but if i had to do it all again now i would probably do a mix of both to get quick experience and benefits to each way of doing it. The only real thing that bothers me about lots of these new start up cleaners is the fact some of them are going in with really cheap prices which doesn't do them favours or any of us, it just drags us all down together very slowly etc... Is what it is though, this has been happening for years and it will probably continue much of the same :)

You are right to the average new window cleaner starting up this is not an ideal way to grow especially at that growth. It took me a couple years just to get my head around wfp and how it all worked. Some of us are slow learners and some of us start with little income/experience so the learning curve is much steeper and realistically it's going to take 2-3 years or longer to get a round earning 4k a month or more.
I am trying my best with the services that i offer to make this process quicker and easier for those window cleaners that do have a bit of money or are prepared to invest in paying for the work so they can just focus on the cleaning and scheduling and admin. The great thing is everybody can run the business however they want. Personally i would never of paid anyone for leads or canvassing when i started years ago, but if i had to do it all again now i would probably do a mix of both to get quick experience and benefits to each way of doing it. The only real thing that bothers me about lots of these new start up cleaners is the fact some of them are going in with really cheap prices which doesn't do them favours or any of us, it just drags us all down together very slowly etc... Is what it is though, this has been happening for years and it will probably continue much of the same :)
That's one thing that I never think or bother about is the opposition. My school mate is a window cleaner and I stopped to talk to him to see how he is doing. The few that have cancelled since I put up my prices were terrible payers so I'm glad, Its the nature of the job. One has to live in the real world and expect ups and downs every month in this game.

Back