What do you think of my website and fan page?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by DoubleACleaningServices, Feb 10, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Take a look and see what you think, im sure there are many improvements to be made.

www.DoubleACleaningServices.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double-A-Cleaning-Services/314166545286919

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

You website looks good, it could do with a few more pictures, but I like it.

3. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Looks great

4. simon

simon Guru

looks good mate but i wonder about cut price 1st cleans, i always charge at least 50% more for them cos they take longer, recommendations i think are a good idea though

5. Ryan

Ryan Guest

I offer a 20% discount on the first clean for monthly customers only

if they want a 1 off clean i charge around 40% more

no harm in giving your monthly customers a discount imo

if it came to the next month and they didn't want it done just collect the 20% discount thay had and off you go to the next house.

site looks great mate simple and effect.

did u do it yourself or did someone do it for you whats the monthly running costs of it ?

6. yes i was wondering if that was a good idea, but its more of an incentive tbo, if they don't sound like they are in it for a regular cleaner then i would probably bump it up a little anyway.
    i may add the monthly customers only on to that though!
    I have planned to get some pictures taken while im working but just haven't got there yet but there will be pictures when it warms up.
    its actually free with yola.com
    made it myself it has taken weeks to get it to this stage but there is far more content to go into it, it's just so time consuming.

Id like to get more links to the facebook page but its a lot more difficult that it looks!

Anyone got any good tips to get more traffic and rank higher in google because its only on page 3 at the moment i think!

7. martin

martin Guest

Nice and simple website. I think you may find it more difficult to get your 20% after first clean with some customers. How are you plannning to enforce it when one of them tells no thanks next time?

8. Iain

Iain Guru

To get more visitors you need to optimise each if the pages for specific keywords. You also need to build quality links from directories, articles and other websites.

If you're doing this yourself the first step I would recommend is getting a free Google Places listing. Once you've got this, you can submit your site to Google for them to index. This process takes about a month for them to complete and take affect.

Your site's looking good well done.

9. yes im expecting problems with that but so far it hasn't been a problem worst case i loose a couple of pounds from one clean but i generally hand out a few business cards to the neighbors while on first cleans so i pick up a few here and there anyway.

Google places is done and listed although unless you zoom in on my house it doesn't appear until page 3 or 4!

I have submitted it to google.

How to i build quality links between site and such? other than the obvious facebook and website links i try to post with everything, is there something else i could be doing, that i have missed?

10. Iain

Iain Guru

Submit to Bing as well. Don't bother with the other search engines as they all (including Yahoo) feed their information from either Bing or Google.

Write some articles and upload them to Squidoo or Hubpages. Both are free but don't double up. Duplicate content is BAD. In the articles, put your link somewhere in the text.

Ok best directories to list with are freeindex, yelp and HotFrog as they're high PR sites and the links are very valuable.

Don't forget to be patient with your link building. Do too much and this will have a negative impact on your SEO. Also the work that you do today won't be recognised for at least a month maybe longer.

If you want to know anymore you've got to pay.

Joke! Just ask...

Advertisement