What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gav, Jul 20, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Not really to do with the forum hence why i posted in chat but is related.

I have been toying with this idea for a while.

I was thinking about starting a website creation and hosting service for cleaning business's. Now before everyone goes no their are to many hosts, you don't know what it entails etc etc.

This service would be more for the small medium sized business and not so technical user. You will effectively go to the site sign up, select your domain or subdomain and then have your own site to edit choose templates etc etc pretty simple user backend with drag and drop features (again for the non technical).

This is not aimed to compete with the thousands of hosts out their or the web designers. But more as a starting point if you like, not everyone has £100's to spend when they start or even after a while, some are just happy with a simple clean site they can edit and control themselves for a minimal fee. This is where this idea will fit in.

It wont be a free service with ads forced etc it would be billed monthly for a very small fee as it is aimed at start ups and small business's and would solely be for cleaning business's.

Anyway just thought i would see what you guys thought about my idea ;)

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

No idea gav, I'm the worst person in te world to ask, but sounds ok in itself to me, my question is ( and I've no idea of the answer) do potential custies go to a forum to find a worker? Or would it also be a running site in its own right?

3. chip

chip Guru

I'm more interested to know if I'm nominated for mom this month :)

4. chip

chip Guru

I've just seen I am! But no votes!

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Sounds good gav. Never really thought of having a web site but if it was easy to do & didn't cost much I'd be interested. I've tried to do a couple before but being as I'm probably the thickest bloke on ere I did not have a clue. Even on the free one (yodel) I think it's called I got lost lol.

6. Posh

Posh Hero

After all the fuss did you really think you wouldnt be lol.

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

lol yes your up their chip.

What do you mean by worker? it would work as a separate site to here and customers who want a website for their business would sign up and get a website, they would then be able to choose a style and edit the content etc in their admin panel.

8. chip

chip Guru

Cleaner in this case, but youve just said it'll be separate so not an issue

9. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I'd actually thought of mentioning something along those lines for your vip package, not quite what you're thinking but just a thought. Maybe an extended vip package or something.

10. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Theres a thought from chip (yeah I know surprised me lol), theres stuff like yodel hehe and many many hosts provide this anyway.

Advertisement