Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner CLX 22

G

Thinking of buying the Gardiner CLX 22. Step up from my cheapy of ebay.

Are they any good ? desperate for a new pole as my current one is worn and clamps are not holding.

Cheers

Happy Friday x

clx are a great pole but you are gonna get people me included telling you to spend as much as you can eg an slx, but i would deff get the longest clx/slx you can afford if you can get a clx 27 you can strip it down to 22 if thats all you need at the moment

Thinking of buying the Gardiner CLX 22. Step up from my cheapy of ebay.Are they any good ? desperate for a new pole as my current one is worn and clamps are not holding.

Cheers

Happy Friday x
the clx 22 is a good pole i wouldent get the 27 clx as its a bit wipy if u can strech get the slx22 thats a ncer pole to use as its stiffer also the xline poles seem to get good reviews on fb ill b trying one of them next time the clamps felt the best ive ever used to b honist but get carbon if u can aford it if ur defo guna get 50 50 carbon glass then the clx range is hard to beat imo

when i first started into wfp, i bought a dodgy old brodex knowing nothing and quickly put an order in for a clx22 and was an amazing cheap first proper pole to start out with, i eventually moved onto a slx and would defo recommend paying the extra for a full carbon slx as they are alot more rigid but as a first pole you cant really fault the clx with a brush and hose too in the deal!

I use a CLX-22 - I would say it's a good starter pole and probably much better than a cheap eBay pole. It can get a bit whippy on windows above conservatories. I'm looking at getting an SLX-22 in the New Year and might just use the CLX-22 for first cleans where I need to use virosol etc...

Yep slx. I had an slx 25 great pole used it on everything. If you can stretch slx is well worth the money

like all the others started off with a n tech 27 hybrid then heard about clx and was well impressed by the weight and quality then in the last #3 years moved on to slx and even treated myself to an extreme the other day I think if you use it everyday make it the best you can .

Ok cheers guys. Think ill wait until the new year and go for the slx. Best start £££££££aving.

You won't regret it and they last for ever had my slx18 for 2 years now and use it all day everyday on most work for upstairs and down don't even use my 4Clx now on downstairs .

clx are a great pole but you are gonna get people me included telling you to spend as much as you can eg an slx, but i would deff get the longest clx/slx you can afford if you can get a clx 27 you can strip it down to 22 if thats all you need at the moment
Can you do it the other way round? 

Can you do it the other way round? 
A CLX is a fibreglass carbon composite and as such it is made of an insulating material. A SLX is full carbon which is a conductive material. So Gardiners have the last section of all SLX coated with an insulating layer. The reason this might be important is on a CLX if you remove a section then your pole is still insulated, on an SLX you would be holding a conductive pole!!

The reason this may or may not be critical is if a custy happen to have a faulty cable on the exterior of their house and your pole touched it with an insulating pole no problem, with a non insulating pole (Conductive) the electricity would run down the pole and give you an electric shock!!!!! This is also a possible issue for overhead electric cables! Be warned that an electric shock can kill!!!

So while any gardiner pole can have sections removed the SLX should have the section you hold insulated! All SLX extensions you buy have the insulation coating!

Bottom line it's your risk but at least you should understand the difference now?

A CLX is a fibreglass carbon composite and as such it is made of an insulating material. A SLX is full carbon which is a conductive material. So Gardiners have the last section of all SLX coated with an insulating layer. The reason this might be important is on a CLX if you remove a section then your pole is still insulated, on an SLX you would be holding a conductive pole!!

The reason this may or may not be critical is if a custy happen to have a faulty cable on the exterior of their house and your pole touched it with an insulating pole no problem, with a non insulating pole (Conductive) the electricity would run down the pole and give you an electric shock!!!!! This is also a possible issue for overhead electric cables! Be warned that an electric shock can kill!!!

So while any gardiner pole can have sections removed the SLX should have the section you hold insulated! All SLX extensions you buy have the insulation coating!

Bottom line it's your risk but at least you should understand the difference now?
Wow never thought of that! 

Gardiner poles are incredible!! the thing I find amazing is how long they last mine is coming up to 5 years old nothing replaced yet just some tape on top so clamps properly.

Back