Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

CSCS Cards

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Who here holds one?

Reason I ask is have a project coming up where I will need a CSCS card but the bl@@dy government sites don't make it easy to understand exactly what we need to do to get one.

Any serious advice welcome.

Who here holds one?
Reason I ask is have a project coming up where I will need a CSCS card but the bl@@dy government sites don't make it easy to understand exactly what we need to do to get one.

Any serious advice welcome.
You can just sit the test and get a green 'labourers card'. But eventually after a year or two of being a 'labourer' you will need to complete an NVQ 2 in something to get your trade listed on the card. Not sure if there is a window cleaning one but there ll probably be something related like 'Cleaning Operative'.

Cscs cards are easy to get

Company round here does it at kodaks car park at weekends in portakabin

You need to pay ..turn up..watch video and have a little training..job done.....it is common sense test for most people

I wouldn't worry about it Darren..just find somewhere doing it and book one

Yep, the test is a piece of p*ss to get the green operatives card. But eventually you have to get the proper card as you can't just be a labourer forever so they expect you to get an NVQ lvl 2 in something like this; http://www.pmtraining.org.uk/prospectus/qualifications/cleaning-and-support-services/nvq-level-2-in-cleaning-and-support-services/

If youve been in the trade for a while its easy as they will just do on site assessment, so you don't need to do a course or anything. And if you are lucky the government will fund it. I've got 2 NVQs in different subjects funded over the years. :thumbsup:

I personally stopped working on sites before cscs was needed but friends have done it for diamond drilli g etc and it is simples so far as I've been told

I personally stopped working on sites before cscs was needed but friends have done it for diamond drilli g etc and it is simples so far as I've been told
It is simple, but its still a fck about for the likes of us. You can only have a labourers card unless you are qualified in a trade. And this link shows the stuff you need to have for it;

http://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards/green-card-changes/card-typelabourer/

There used to be a time limit on how long you are allowed to have a card but can't find what it is.

P i t a mate..

I do however have a nebosh qualification for health and safety in the workplace from working at the olympics job

Had to watch the vids of the kings cross fire and stadium fire..gruesome stuff

Back when i was on sites it was common sense not certificates

Health and safety has gone mad mate

Should be like france where if you hurt yourself you shouldn't have been stupid enough to be doing what you did

No sueing culture there

We are getting like america with the coffe cups with "caution contents may be hot"..no :turd: sherlock

Look up CMSR construction management skills register as well usally done through council that's how I did it lasts five years. Day course using ladders scaffold ropes tying off & all safety equipment

Also had a separate card for ireland can't think Wat it was now but it was ireland specific no use anywhere else.

Back