Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dusting brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Danfire

Don't know if others do the same but on my round most of the window frames get a lot of loose dust, leaf crud, spiders and webs etc. I usually give the frame a brush off with a softish hand brush from a dustpan and brush set. I think doing this first keeps my water/mop and cloths cleaner and I've developed a good technique to flick out most of the spiders without squishing them so they can come back a dirty up the windows again once I've left.

My brush is on it's last legs and was wondering if anyone knew a supplier of a decent replacement, ideally soft bristled and a rubber or soft end that doesn't make a horrible clang that sounds like you're trying to smash the window when you accidentally catch it on the frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh bit of a live one the choice of brush....just been reading a very long post....i will buy when the winner is announced../emoticons/biggrin.png

yeh like the chinese....i name this...the year of the spider....maybe a cold winter has some advantages...

mind you i do what the smurfy does now...and drown the little bast ards..

its the call of the dark side....

yeh i wonder if a paint brush in my pocket would work....especially as some frames are narrow...good idea danfire...but....have i the room in my very crowded pockets..

i carry three pockets now....micro in one....phone/keys/sweets/penpaper....and the last my cill cloth and scraper blade...and not forgetting my boab.....yeh...reckon i could squeeze a paint brush in..i usually wipe around with my cill cloth but them spiders are clever bug gers...:Dif you dont remove them and thier nests its not going to look good if the custy looks at the window after picking up your note and sees all the webs again!..i kinda love the winter cause they go to sleep...

i am surprised at the number of windys that do not clean the top of the window frame.....some really look bad.

I've been using a brush for the past 3 months or so, and you're right, it makes a huge difference. Its really good on bad first cleans. I've had a couple of brushes but I've settled on a 2inch paint brush. Fits well in the pouches, and you can always trim it down if you want it smaller.

i no a wc that used a soft broom to dust off the fraims as they were caked in salt an dust webs an god noes wat eals very good ider that

Never thought of using a paint brush for the window cobwebs, that's why this website is so brill./emoticons/wink.png

How about a ken Dodd duster!!! That would tickle all the customers

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back