What HaveI Done!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gmeister, May 15, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Ok so was out today after getting some customers the other day, and I had some people complaining about not liking their other windy, because apparently he only washes the window(shall I say rinse?) but he doesnt dry them, or he leaves spots on the window, he uses a wfp, but I am trad, I got a lot against me cause I managed to get houses today and and yesterday in a different area and I can't reach all the windows, btw am getting a pole for my squeegee.

I think its the old people, they don't like this new way of cleaning them and dont think its a proper clean, unlike putting soap on the window then squeegeeing it off.

[hr]
    Just thought, am not disrespecting people who use wfps, but could this guy be using normal water instead of pure water?
    I do come across people, customers and other people i meet, also dont like this new way, but it makes me wonder, cause this pure water susposed to evaporate isnt it leaving no marks.

Advertisement
  2. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

longer ladders?lol
    on a serious note, if you cant safely get to some windows you will just have to tell the customers that you cant do that 1, they will either be happy with that or go back to wfp, sometimes its the better option, just sounds like she had a bad wfp cleaner last time

3. Posh

Posh Hero

There's a lot of bad wfp guys out there that give the good ones a bad name. I was talking to one today who had just done a house & his were spotless. I also picked up a job of a old lady who had a wfp chap & he had cleaned them Saturday and they were covered in spots & runs. I quoted her £15 then she told me he was charging £20. He was ripping her off.[hr]
    As pole will not get them as clean as being hands on but as GM said you have to be honest & tell them you can't do them.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

The bad one are usually the ones who worry how much water they are using and don't rinse properly, there's some near me who do a big ***ht club the windows are shocking all of the time always White spot I don't know how they get away with it

5. laddergarder

If the customers are old dears, they may be in most of the time, could you not turn the ones in that you cant reach and clean them that way?

6. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

It's like anything in life; some people like wfp, some trad. It's horses for courses. I only use wfp for outside work and 99% of the time it's fine. Occasionally you do get a window that dries spotty, there's no real explanation for it but it's obviously picked up some dirt from somewhere.
    When I'm out canvassing (rare these days as I pick most work up by recommendation- i've over 500 customers) and someone says he has a window cleaner already but would like a quote the I always quote about 50% higher than my price. This is for two reasons; I don't want to take other peoples work unless they are really taking the piss and also anyone wanting me to undercut will want me to be undercut by the next window cleaner who knocks on their door so if I get their business it will only be for a short time, a bit pointless really.

7. A.K WINDOWS

theres alot of people around who dont like wfp they say that isnt cleaning window is it lol im trad but the amount of people i here moan about wfp is crazy.

i would bother with a reach pole the end finish will be **** and you cant detail it so it will look worse to be fair than if you left it.theres some windows i cant do but just say i wont charge you for that window never had a complaint yet.

i still think theres guys out there not using pure water and taking this piss.

8. harunh

harunh Legend

u got to use pure water, u havd to bd legit 100% the 1z that dont are not business minded and their not getting the maximum scope out of it.

9. lee.h

lee.h Member

iv got two new customers this week and they expressed that they dont like wfp and were going to cancel the guy... i went and seen the job and he'd done a good job! i think some people just decide they dont like it and thats that .. However, my mother in law has a wfp lad do hers and he is just ****e. takes minutes to do the house and doesnt seem to rinse thoroughly

10. Ryan

Ryan Guest

iv had 2 people who didnt like it 1 guy said i dont like water on them when you done lol

but 90% people love how clean the frames are as well as the glass is my main comments from it

Advertisement