What I like to do....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gmeister, Apr 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

This may sound strange but....

Ok not new to window cleaning as I have done it last year.

But this time round I am very shortly starting my OWN window cleaning business as I cant get a paid job.

Anyway I was talking to this guy I know, he works in this office building in town(Nottingham) and he said he thought it was funny how people clean the windows to this office block.

They absail down the building and swinging from window to window cleaning the windows.

Don't know why, (am scared of heights, (that high up anyway)) but would love to have a go at this absail window cleaning lol.

I wonder how you can get to this as its not something you do on your own.

Advertisement
  2. harunh

harunh Legend

most abseil work is what the big window cleaning businesses do... they have a load of commercial work...... you havet o be trained to do that... they offer courses for it if you search on google lol

its like monkeys on a abseil lol :)

3. Paul

Paul Guest

It's really hard mate you do a rope accses course level 3 then you need to do 1000 hours on a rope with a company before you can do level 2 then another 1000 hours for level 1 then you can start your own company doing it but you need spotters very long winded and tricky not to mention expensive to get in to

4. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

I remember a company called "over the top" commented years ago that it's easier to teach absailers to clean windows than window cleaners to absail.

5. Paul

Paul Guest

That's very true vito, there is so much training for absailing it's unreal

Advertisement