Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Am I to cheap

I just double the price. In fairness I try not to do insides on domestic properties if I can help it, unless its a big job. I have to do a church inside and out in March, but I quoted £450 for it so I will do it without complaint.
I just realised that I don't always just double the price. I have one job that is always inside and out. So it was quoted for that from the start. The outside is worth £30. I quoted £90 inside and out. But they did not know the outside price so they could not compare. They then wanted three interior glazed doors cleaned and a mirror. So they pay £100 now.

I just double the price. In fairness I try not to do insides on domestic properties if I can help it, unless its a big job. I have to do a church inside and out in March, but I quoted £450 for it so I will do it without complaint.
Will there be stained glass at this church? If so how do you plan to get rid of the staining? /emoticons/tongue.png

I cleaned stained glass windows at a church a few years ago it was real pleasure it was the church i was christened in an old lady who was in her 80's couldn't remember them ever been cleaned she told me , I am their to clean the rectory every 4 weeks one of my best jobs

So priced a three story house today. Fifteen pvc Georgian style windows and very small conservatory. Very easy access recon half hour to do. I said £25 outside 25 inside. Customer literally shook my hand done he said. Two other quotes he got. One at 40 outside 50 in. The other one. Apparently £200 in and out. I think my price is fair even if it takes a bit longer first clean. What do you guys think?
Sounds a fair price to me. Occasionally I come across jobs that had been priced by someone else really high. But, that doesn't mean it should be that price. For instance, if the previous window cleaner didn't really do that area and would do the job if it was worth their while. Or, maybe they thought they could stick the arm in because it was 3 storey.

Bottom line, the customer though that the previous quotes were over priced, that's why they kept asking for quotes, till they got one they thought was fair.

So, if you are happy with the price and so is the customer, then your pricing is correct.

Paul

Thanks for all the replys, thought I was right with the price. Did the job today and picked up next door as well. Insides did take longer but a brew and chat with tasty milf takes the sting out of it.

I tell customers from the off that I don't do insides. Rather be outside splashing water about with the pole than wiggling round funiture, moving ornaments, removing boots etc. Never lost a customer over it. Just my opinion :thumbsup:

I always charge double for inside work, mainly because;Rarely do they move everything, shoes/boots/coats off, and they've "got ya"

Its a fine line between a quick chat and being stuck indoors.

I don't think its double standards if you do it for everyone, its what you charge.

Some will see it as expensive and not use you while others quite happily pay.

2010 winter when there was snow everywhere i did a few insides instead of the outs, believe me, they take longer

Tony
You were probably wearing them silly longs and just went in for a warm, should have did it for nothing for using their heating.

I don't get this "it takes so much longer" business

I say to customers to clear all sills and open blinds etc or those windows will be missed if you don't

Go in

Soap up glass with a bit of ubik in the solution

Use scourer if needed

Squeegee off

Detail where necessary

How is that any slower than tradding an outside ground floor window

Plus no minging sills etc to scrub

Easy money

I don't get this "it takes so much longer" business I say to customers to clear all sills and open blinds etc or those windows will be missed if you don't

Go in

Use scourer if needed

Squeegee off

Detail where necessary

Easy money
Cleaning the insides might be just as quick if you trad the outsides, but no windie on earth can tell me they can do them just as quick as w.f.p. That's why w.f.p cleaners should charge more for insides I.m.o

I don't get this "it takes so much longer" businessI say to customers to clear all sills and open blinds etc or those windows will be missed if you don't

Go in

Use scourer if needed

Squeegee off

Detail where necessary

Easy money
I'll just add that those little slip on shoe covers are the mutts nuts, and folk seem to appreciate them a lot. Saves messing about taking boots off which takes me longer than the windows. A good clean inside always brings out the best on your work too which is great for customer retention.

I don't like doing insides much. Take for instance the one I did on Tuesday, nice lady but always slows me down chatting blah blah blah, then this time she says Ooh let's have a picture of you and Bertie (the dog). I'm thinking FFS I ain't got time for this :turd:, so the next 5 minutes are taken up chasing the dog round the house so I can pick him up to have my photo with him :confused:

So priced a three story house today. Fifteen pvc Georgian style windows and very small conservatory. Very easy access recon half hour to do. I said £25 outside 25 inside. Customer literally shook my hand done he said. Two other quotes he got. One at 40 outside 50 in. The other one. Apparently £200 in and out. I think my price is fair even if it takes a bit longer first clean. What do you guys think?
You cant do that job outside in 30 minutes well not properly. First clean will take between 1 and 2 hours, Inside always take longer and should be 1 and a half to 2x the outside. first clean for me would be £50.00 out £100.00 in and £35.00 out £55.00 in there after. Interestingly do you clean then rinse each row of Georgian windows in order or do a few and then rinse by the row. Cheers AEG

You cant do that job outside in 30 minutes well not properly. First clean will take between 1 and 2 hours, Inside always take longer and should be 1 and a half to 2x the outside. first clean for me would be £50.00 out £100.00 in and £35.00 out £55.00 in there after. Interestingly do you clean then rinse each row of Georgian windows in order or do a few and then rinse by the row. Cheers AEG
I wash and then rinse a row at a time. Wasn't realy a first clean. New owner of property been in a month. Pvc frames I think are fairly new. They only required one pass and rinse.

I wash and then rinse a row at a time. Wasn't realy a first clean. New owner of property been in a month. Pvc frames I think are fairly new. They only required one pass and rinse.
Nice one , I do all one side and rinse one row on each then work along again. Depends where you are but most window cleaners seem to work at £25.00 to £30.00 an hour and some £40.00 upwards. If I got enough work in an area I put my prices up quite a lot and still the customer agrees. I think if you are reliable and good at what you do the customer will pay that bit more -/emoticons/wink.png Good luck buddy AEG.

Back