Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Setting up Van

G

Hey everyone

After a bit of advice, i am in the process of kitting out the back of my van for waterfed window cleaning.

I have a ford connect lwb and i dont really know where to start. First of all before i do anything is (im thinking of sealing the van floor, waterproof paint.)

I see a few of you have ply line kits or even fibre glass. whats best ?

tank position im thinking at the back behind the seats. best way to secure ?

cheers in advance

Hey everyoneAfter a bit of advice, i am in the process of kitting out the back of my van for waterfed window cleaning.

I have a ford connect lwb and i dont really know where to start. First of all before i do anything is (im thinking of sealing the van floor, waterproof paint.)

I see a few of you have ply line kits or even fibre glass. whats best ?

tank position im thinking at the back behind the seats. best way to secure ?

cheers in advance
Here's what I did mate

Links to diy van mount build thread.

I've nearly finished mine - only advice I can offer is plan it, make a list - check it (twice - like your Christmas list) then order all your bits, no matter how well you plan it you will forget the most annoying little thing, which can massively hold you up if you have scheduled the build over a specific weekend. I had a plastic tray made to measure for a small section of my van to protect the floor finish - looking back I wish I had ordered a full tray liner and skipped all the painting and sealing. If you are going to keep the van and the ply is in good condition I would seriously consider fibreglass ing it or even speed liner. I would also consider looking at other vans as - even though I thought of everything (hahahaha) seeing what other Windies have done is a great eye opener and could save you a lot of hassle in the long run. Mine would be to scrap the external ports and go full ball with a waterworks hd reel (cheers for that green!!!) efficient is an understatement !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back