Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making the switch

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Mentioned in a few threads on this forum is the comment that some window cleaners are concerned about making the switch to WFP as their customers wont like it.

As some of you know I was purely a traditional window cleaner until the beginning of the year when I started to make the switch.

At first a fair few customers said 'ooohh... don't like this new fancy system of yours' and would have a little moan.

I got around it by simply saying 'don't pay me, just give it a chance see how it dries and if your happy with the finish pay me double next month if not I will do it traditional for you next time'

Of just over 450 customers there were only 2 I could not convert but those are the types that are always going to be stuck in the mud having bread and lard for lunch as it was 'good enough for granny' types.

I have just said to any wary customers give it a go and any problems call me and I'll come back and sort them..guess what..no calls

been my experience that if you are trad you dont compete with the waterfed mob and vice versa-its totally different markets

its true that the ladders can be gruelling- when you are doing it as a 1 manband especially tough you are risking burnout or a fall if you try to do too much . but i wouldnt like filling and lugging a tank of water around on me todd i like my van zipping along sitting high on its springs

every method has its pros and cons its good that theres a choice in this job. iv no plans to change over and soon be renewing my ladders getting rid of the biggest sets and getting more of the mid sized . at the mo iv not enough ladders to go round and its allowed a ladder shy attitude to creep in amongst 1 of my workers , this will change soon!

Last edited:
what I have got for all my customers is a information pack this works gd tells all customers the ins and outs of WFP

Everything is covered health & safety , being able to work in rain, all the main aspects what the customer should know

stops you having to explain yourself to every customer

have you had the urgent need for a **** as you fill your backpack from your barrels yet daveyboy.? gets me every time...:rofl:
No mate..i use their bushes when not in

Haven't got a backpack anyway

what I have got for all my customers is a information pack this works gd tells all customers the ins and outs of WFPEverything is covered health & safety , being able to work in rain, all the main aspects what the customer should know

stops you having to explain yourself to every customer
Yes Duncs very informative sheet..i still haven't done mine yet but i will be later

Mentioned in a few threads on this forum is the comment that some window cleaners are concerned about making the switch to WFP as their customers wont like it.
As some of you know I was purely a traditional window cleaner until the beginning of the year when I started to make the switch.

At first a fair few customers said 'ooohh... don't like this new fancy system of yours' and would have a little moan.

I got around it by simply saying 'don't pay me, just give it a chance see how it dries and if your happy with the finish pay me double next month if not I will do it traditional for you next time'

Of just over 450 customers there were only 2 I could not convert but those are the types that are always going to be stuck in the mud having bread and lard for lunch as it was 'good enough for granny' types.
i felt the same "how many customers will i loose how gd is the system how reliable"

everything went great no problems hardly at all the only thing i done wrong bought cheap poles and **** fittings

if i bought gardiners at the beginning and hoselock fitting ,gd brushes .

so much easier. once you get your confidence, gd feed back happy days

there is loads of guys here with vast experience to help you out

WFP and Trad

Back