Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

scratches on sills and frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ill have a look at the house tomorrow as ive not seen it yet, isn't it strange how no glass is scratched but the sills are? maybe its like pebbles what get there from wind then the brush head scrapes it along

UPDATE: visited the house a few marks on the bottom sills, all frames were ok, cream cleaner did the trick, I expected scratches everywhere. the problem is when we clean the bottom part of bottom windows from a sideward position the brush head is inverted longways so can catch the sill. its silly the brush heads are made in black when majority of frames and sills are white, its the black doing the damage imo. bought a brush head bumper from gardiner because pure freedom don't sell them, that should do the trick

also @gaz mate when u cream clean them and there perfect say sorry and see u next time then drop his sorry ass

i had custie couple months ago scracthed 3 windows by brush /.. as if the cement uptop her windows loosing up and we bits came down her fault so i hadda bite the lip and replace

cost 400 quid and she rang and rang month later and said where was i

i said i cant continue to clean your windows as if it happens again i cant afford to replace them

she said that she was a great customer i said id sort it out sent a friend windie cleaner round hes only trad and he knocked the door said i sent him and said hed prepare a quote

she said i already pay xx a mount per month he said yes but we cant use poles anymore cause of the dodgy pointing so going use ladder he upped the price by 25 quid and she rang me sayin i think il get someone else i said no bother

rang 11 other windies and warned them lol 5 of them were contacted

all of them quoted crazy money

morale is

when u have a problem sort it out then do a runner and do a @cheapncheerful and make like a roadrunner lol

have your guys got public liability or any insurance regarding damage? today scared me because if I had to replace all sills and frames I would be out of business

I have do a runner insurance ...

nah need to show insurance for contract work anyway but the idea is not to claim if you can avoid it.../emoticons/biggrin.png

your reminding me of one I posted on here ...he phoned on the weekend to say could I call around to look at the scratches left on his velux...

I was bricking it...as I had done it without looking at it as it was in the roof...

lucky I figured out that my up and down brush could not have caused so deep a side ways scratches but....a loose tile could have ...and a quick look around the roof showed a few missing...and the owner agreed...the scratches of course had been hidden by all the green...I got off.../emoticons/biggrin.png

I am very careful and if I damage something I am pretty handy at putting it right...

once went home nicked my greenhouse guttering and replaced a dodgy broken section with the custy non the wiser..

I had slipped on a fibre glass type roof...

which is like ice when wet .....LESSON LEARNT../emoticons/biggrin.png

I whacked a car with back end of pole once, left a good scratch n was a good car, I got away with that 1 lol

Back