What Is The Best Car For Window Cleaning

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by nearlyclean, Dec 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. nearlyclean

Supplier

I write a blog about window cleaning and business in general
    my latest one is about what is the best vehicle for window cleaning http://blog.roundpartner.co.uk/2012/12/which-is-the-best-vehicle-to-use-for-window-cleaning/
    This depends on the person, type of round and other factors. But I hope to get a discussion going on this. Have a look and see what you think, maybe your thinking of buying a new van or just starting out and dont know if using a car is the right choice.

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I think a berlingo is a great starter van for water fed pole, carries enough water in it for a day for one person, cheap one insurance and cheap to run.

3. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

If your Trad i recon a passat estate :)

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I'm trad / wfp and I use a 3series estate and find this more than good enough .
    The boot space is big enough to get 150 litres of water in and all my trad gear too .

5. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

This is what I use for collecting ;) [​IMG]

6. All Round Cleaning

What is it ???

7. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

Kia Spotage

8. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

sportage

9. All Round Cleaning

Looks like a nice motor does that .

10. laddergarder

I think the best car could be different for everyone, and in some cases there just may not be a choice in the matter for some. If your just starting out trad. Any car would be a good car. Personally if you can get one, I recommend the Renault Kangoo Estates. They are the exact same as the van model, accept they have back windows, rear seats that can fold up, out of the way, most importantly, you can get them with engines as low as 1.1 litre. So great on fuel.

I have two on these, and owned another one previously which I sold. The good thing is that they are also, fairly cheap to buy and can get one in decent condition, with a reasonably low mileage 40-60k for about 2k.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211144232109/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/3000/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/model/kangoo/make/renault/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/postcode/pa154px/radius/1500?logcode=p

As for Wfp, well you could fit a small system into those no probs, but anything bigger than a 250 litre tank then, you would have to go with the van versions, which are harder to come by, but you can get them with a similar mileage and value.

Advertisement