What is the best window cleaning solution?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Michaele, Jun 21, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Michaele

Michaele Guest

I am considering starting a window cleaning service and need to know what is the best cleaning solution to use. I will be using the sponge on squeegee of technique. Some say dish soap and water. Is this good for a professional application?

Advertisement
  2. uribra

uribra Our new service cleaning shops window...

Hi Michaele
    I think that dish soup is good that what I use , but one disadvantage of that soap is that it harms your hand's skin apart from that it do great job to the windows.

be sure to replace the rubber for the wiper every 50 windows.

if you clean windows while abseiling use two vacuum suction handles so you can rich to long distance.

for hard dirt use sSwear word!er is most official, cost less in the long run and do the job faster in the short run + no need for water while in use.
    try my site:
    מנקה חלונות בסנפלינג

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

Something like Fairy or stardrops is fine or you could use Unger liquid or GG3 or GG4 as Uri was saying just make sure you change the rubber regularly and use clean water

4. kars

kars Guest

We use morning fresh (lemon) the boys say fairy is too harsh on their hands! lol. keep our water as clean as poss as well as our brushes and we never use dirty scrims. not tried with anything else yet but used washing up liquid on my own windows for over 20 years now before i got into w/c with not one streak.
    Another tip i picked up somewhere on here was when the rubber on your blade needs changed just take it out and turn it over to make it go that bit further. One of my boys just tried it and couldnt believe he never thought of it before!. Good luck...

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

Yep two sides to a rubber I always turn them inside out :( I saw some guy he was moaning he was struggling for work he was on a bike with his ladders and dirty old scrim hanging off it,I felt like saying not surprised your struggling I charge double what he does and turning work away as I cant cover it.
    Another thing if a customer ask if you want new clean water it is probably a hint that they want you to change it and wash the applicators/mop when you wash your scrims is good idea,clean gear is a must in the cleaning game

6. kars

kars Guest

Here here!!!

7. harvriddle

harvriddle Guest

I've never thought of that before, too... Pretty good idea :p

8. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

If you use different size squeegees, you can use a piece of rubber on a 14", then turn it, then downsize it to 12", then turn it, ... same with 10" and 6" - makes a it last for ages.

Have to say though - new rubber is so much faster, it probably earns you more by changing.

Have you seen the Sorbo squeegees - they make one that has three grooves for the rubber - and they sell a machine for re-cutting an edge onto the rubber, so as you trim it, it gets thinner, and you put it into a higher slot - gives you loads of uses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJoHXU-nH8

very clever

9. kars

kars Guest

lovin this idea[hr]
    Ha ha just re read the start of that and finally got it....:angel::angel:

10. MathewL

MathewL Guest

Thats a good start to the business. Always start from less and then look to expand from there.

Advertisement