Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is the best window cleaning van ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matt steel 118

What would you say is the best window cleaning van .

Payload capacity

Reliable under load.

Can achieve high mileage with maintenance and services.

Space in the back for tank and gutter vac etc.

The

Probably best to start by thinking how much water do you need to carry. Once you know that times it by 2.5 and you need a payload bigger than that as a very rough guess. As for longevity I'm not sure there is much in it these days. VW have issues, Fords do too - everything is now made down to a price so all about the same I think. Years ago there was a difference in how things were made and some better than others - like VW used to sell things as individual components where as Peugeot would sell assemblies - like CV joints vs complete drive shafts. But now most companies have worked out you make more money and have to carry fewer parts if it's all assemblies.
My windscreen washer jets on a 2019 Peugeot Partner are terrible and a previous owner 'had a go at them' so I thought I would buy new bits of plastic but no can only buy as part of wiper arm at £60 an arm!!! I only want the little £1 bit of plastic!!!

What would you say is the best window cleaning van .

Payload capacity

Reliable under load.

Can achieve high mileage with maintenance and services.

Space in the back for tank and gutter vac etc.

The
What is a good van for one person might not be good for someone else depends on the type of work you do and if you do add ons and need the carry vacs , pressure washer etc . Also parking ware you work needs to be taken into consideration , we have an MAN TGE , Toyota Proace , Vito , I have also had renault master , sprinter , traffic lwb all have been good vans for window cleaning .

I have yet to hear someone say my van is too big but heard plenty of 'I wish I had bought a bigger van' I have a MWB Crafter which is perfect for me. It also has roof bars to carry my scaffold frames or fence rails when I have a fence job on because I used to fit fences & decking before I started my cleaning business. Got a 23 metre fence to do at the end of month which I'm looking forward too as it breaks up the monotony.

The vavaro is good can lwb good on fuel big enough can carry good size tank and drives very well my friend had a custom and it drinks fuel like a basted Other mate has a expert 2.0 been faultless

Not sure what age you’re looking at but we have 20 plate 2.0 Dispatch and nothing on that chassis (dispatch, expert, pro ace, vivaro) came close on payload at something like 1,400kg. I’ll 100% be having another one if the numbers stack up.

It’ll swallow a 650L flat tank full to the brim, gutter kit and even pressure washer and Whirlaway and we don’t even notice it driving it.

I was initially convinced I wanted a trafic as was convinced it was bigger, but actually internally there’s only millimetres in it, and transit custom can’t touch the payload (or the interior quality.. and never thought I’d be saying that about Citroen)

Not sure what age you’re looking at but we have 20 plate 2.0 Dispatch and nothing on that chassis (dispatch, expert, pro ace, vivaro) came close on payload at something like 1,400kg. I’ll 100% be having another one if the numbers stack up.

It’ll swallow a 650L flat tank full to the brim, gutter kit and even pressure washer and Whirlaway and we don’t even notice it driving it.

I was initially convinced I wanted a trafic as was convinced it was bigger, but actually internally there’s only millimetres in it, and transit custom can’t touch the payload (or the interior quality.. and never thought I’d be saying that about Citroen)
That will be my next van, I have a Citroen Nemo and it's a cracking van, I had it before I started wfp. I like the Dispatch/Expert/Scudo Which I believe are the same vans
Like the Nemo/Bipper/Fiorino
I don't think my budget will allow a 20 plate, I like the Twin side doors decent payload, and not too big but big enough for an upgrade from the Nemo, I did think about a Partner but I think for an upgrade from the Nemo it just isn't big enough and might outgrow it (and I need to get my fishing gear in for the weekends!) with a fixed tank in place

Matt is yours a DIY build? I like the idea of a flat tank ( I live in a flat area so it should be ok) with a swivel reel on top so I can then use it out of each side door or out the back. delivery system only

I think if you're looking for the best value for money on a second hand van you can't beat the Doblo Maxi. It has a payload just over a tonne, Enough space for a reasonable sized tank, long enough for poles etc. Ugly looking thing too similar to a car but for it's functional purpose it's very good value for money.

Ford Transits are the best vans
It's what works best for you and what your are prepared to tolerate. There is not a van on the road that is the perfect solution to everyone's requirements. ?

"It's heavy on fuel, it's got a poor turning circle, servicing is expensive, it's not very comfortable, visibility could be better", the list goes on.

Yes up to about 2019 when they switched to the same as Peugeot partner, Citroen berlingo and Toyota pro ace city.
The early Scudos were rebadged PSA Experts and Dispatches. Then recently, when PSA bought Opel and Vauxhall, the Fiat Scudo became a rebadged Renault Trafic. Now I see that Fiat are back with PSA, so the Renault deal didn't last too long.

I also see that those vans were being built in PSA's Russian factory, but we're quickly moved to another country when sanctions against Russia were implemented.

That will be my next van, I have a Citroen Nemo and it's a cracking van, I had it before I started wfp. I like the Dispatch/Expert/Scudo Which I believe are the same vans
Like the Nemo/Bipper/Fiorino
I don't think my budget will allow a 20 plate, I like the Twin side doors decent payload, and not too big but big enough for an upgrade from the Nemo, I did think about a Partner but I think for an upgrade from the Nemo it just isn't big enough and might outgrow it (and I need to get my fishing gear in for the weekends!) with a fixed tank in place

Matt is yours a DIY build? I like the idea of a flat tank ( I live in a flat area so it should be ok) with a swivel reel on top so I can then use it out of each side door or out the back. delivery system only
It is a DIY, although it’s gone through about 3 rebuilds as I learned more about the job! Delivery only as well running 2 pumps, controllers and poles.

The flat tank has served us well for a couple of years now. Managed to get a frame fabricated that would bolt into the existing load eyes so minimal modification to the actual van, and can’t fault the dispatch it’s been great since we had it. Drove a new trafic shortly after getting it and would choose dispatch / partner over that any day imo

Back