Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not Working

moliere

Hi all.

I went to use my new gear today and nothing worked. I can't get the water to feed from the tank at any type of pressure, I switched it on had it on number three but nothing and now the heater won't switch on I have changed the batteries but nothing.

I don't understand it I went and looked at the van and equipment on tuesday was there for about an hour with it all working went back the next day to pick it up and today nothing :angry:

It was already fitted, I bought it from a guy who had it fitted he told me he had used it for the last year its got pro tex stickers over it and a An Many heater,I mean I'm new to this I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything should be?

I've taken all the pipework apart and blown it through so water can pass through. I noticed a U symbol on the display screen and i have been informed this means low on power, now I didn't think about the power before because he has had the battery that powers the unit wired up to the car battery so the idea being it charges whilst the van is moving however i have noticed a rotten egg smell in the cab from time to time, the last time i had that was when the relay went on my motorbike and it was frying batteries.

so what I was wondering how do you guys get around the battery issue, I have just taken the battery out and put it on charge, god I hope this it :wacko:

If there is one good thing that has come out of this it has given me the chance to find my way around the equipment :rolleyes:

battery fully charged pump purring away but still no water coming through.

I live in the guildford area in surrey does anyone know of a place i can take it and burn it.. no i mean take it and get someone to take a look at it?

at the outlet the hose connects straight onto the tank no tap there i have taken the hose off tank end and put it in a bucket of water but still not drawing any water?

so if you disconnect the pipe from the tank outlet and the tank has water in, it doesn't automatically flow out on gravity alone?

Hi mate, yeah that was one of the scenarios i ran through yesterday.

I think my best bet now is to just go buy a new pump.

Thanks very much guys for the help.

Back