Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thai brides

Danfire

Don't know if it's unique to the village I work in but young Thai women are very popular with a lot of my elderly male customers....one old boy appears to have been recently relegated to the spare room and his beloved has moved in her extended family, I get the impression he wasn't banking on that when he shipped her over....not being judgemental, just saying like....he doesn't seem to be his happy self lately, don't know if that's because of his new domestic upheaval or my price rise.

I used to do Muay Thai and although I never made it over to thailand I did learn a lot about the culture. One of the things that you have to accept when you marry a thai girl is that you have to look after the familly. I'm not sure if this is just a recent way to get money out of westerners, or if it is centuries old but its pretty much part and parcel. Thailand has some beautiful women, just gotta make sure you don't get more than you bargained for down below.:/emoticons/ohmy.png::sick:

Always wanted to do muay thai..never got round to it

Proper boxing was my thing but i love to watch thai boxing

Ello mr dudley..I'm ting tong macadangdang (little Britain )

Always wanted to do muay thai..never got round to itProper boxing was my thing but i love to watch thai boxing

Ello mr dudley..I'm ting tong macadangdang (little Britain )
Just like the krav maga you did,it relys on drilling the basics over and over. Loved it, but it gets tougher as you get older and cant keep up the training. Needs a lot of roadwork and hard padwork/sparring When my tendonitis heals up I might look into getting in to a chinese based martial art like wingchun, as its brutally effective but can easily be maintained into old age.

customer of mine has one. he told me it cost him 18k. you pay your deposit and get to see the girl from the catalogue. then they find out exactly how much you are capable of spending not a penny less and thats what you pay and it took 2yrs to process her

i always remember 1st time i met his new lady,it was early in the new year and bitterly cold as she stepped outside a tiny girl wrapped in a huge dressing gown

he introduced me "this is a winnndowww cleaner"

after we shook hands he said "wev decided to call her Jan"

Last edited:
Just like the krav maga you did,it relys on drilling the basics over and over. Loved it, but it gets tougher as you get older and cant keep up the training. Needs a lot of roadwork and hard padwork/sparring When my tendonitis heals up I might look into getting in to a chinese based martial art like wingchun, as its brutally effective but can easily be maintained into old age.
Wingchun is very effective and you see people in their 90s still doing it in china

I started going back to krav early this year but i just don't get the time at the moment

20 minute drive each way too but hertford is terrible for traffic in the evenings so takes a lot longer sometimes

St albans one is even worse for traffic

I'll start by saying what on offensive tone this thread seems to have.

You have all judged an entire culture as one.

If your customer was stupid enough to pay an agency £18k for an introductuon that's his own stupidity at work there.

Oriental men are notorious whores so the women always look to marry a man at least in his 40s if not 50s as as they figure he has left his days of 'playing the field' behind by then and is ready to settle to family life.

As for Tolishes comment of never having made it to Thailand, well then don't judge a culture till you've lived it.

90% of these countries barely have electricty let alone mod cons so it's easy for ass hole recruiters to head to villages and lure girls to their agency books with promisies of better western lives.

You wish to judge older men for marrying younger women? Like you dont all drive round looking at girls way younger than your partners thinking you wouldnt mind some of that.

How many of us have done sh*t jobs we've loathed to put food on the table for our families? Where's the difference? They use the 'tools' they have as do we to provide for their families.

Yes I am married to an 'oriental' for those that must know and no we didnt meet thriugh an agency she is a friend of friends and we met at a party in London where she already lived and worked.

As for marrying for money, well her families already seriously wealthy to a point that makes footballers look poor so that wasnt it.

You are right Tolish, family is everything in these cultures and they have done everything they can to take care of mine.

As for 'We decided to call her Jan' well my wife has six names on her birth certificate and two more nick names with her family. The name she uses here day in day out is not one of them.

I do not condone violence as you are all aware but twice men have required medical attention over snide mail order bride quips.

Most people seem to think my wifes in her very early 20s however fact of it is she's just 8 years younger than me. Orientals are reknowned for keeping youthful looks as they age so dont be too quick to assume a girl is as young as you think she is.

Our culture is no different. The women get with:

A - First bloke to knock em up

B- First bloke willing to take a single mom with baggage. (Usually a reasonably older man)

C - The man they feel can provide the financial stability she requires to raise her offspring in the best conditions possible.

Where's the difference?

And no my wife is not Thai.

Like I said 'not being judgemental'...and I'm sure for the vast majority there is nothing sinister or unusual in these arrangements, just relaying an observation of a situation I've witnessed...not wishing to stoke the fire but I also have an eighty four year old customer that's trying to get a long term visa sorted for a Mauritian woman he has visited and flown over on a short visa...he tells me her village is like nothing you could imagine (not in a good way), I guess the cynic in me is thinking why is she attracted to him? My guess is she isnt, but in return for giving him companionship she gets a house and better life, so no harm done.

Last edited by a moderator:

If your customer was stupid enough to pay an agency £18k for an introductuon that's his own stupidity at work there.

Oriental men are notorious whores so the women always look to marry a man at least in his 40s if not 50s as as they figure he has left his days of 'playing the field' behind by then and is ready to settle to family life.

As for Tolishes comment of never having made it to Thailand, well then don't judge a culture till you've lived it.

90% of these countries barely have electricty let alone mod cons so it's easy for ass hole recruiters to head to villages and lure girls to their agency books with promisies of better western lives.

You wish to judge older men for marrying younger women? Like you dont all drive round looking at girls way younger than your partners thinking you wouldnt mind some of that.

How many of us have done sh*t jobs we've loathed to put food on the table for our families? Where's the difference? They use the 'tools' they have as do we to provide for their families.

Yes I am married to an 'oriental' for those that must know and no we didnt meet thriugh an agency she is a friend of friends and we met at a party in London where she already lived and worked.

As for marrying for money, well her families already seriously wealthy to a point that makes footballers look poor so that wasnt it.

You are right Tolish, family is everything in these cultures and they have done everything they can to take care of mine.

As for 'We decided to call her Jan' well my wife has six names on her birth certificate and two more nick names with her family. The name she uses here day in day out is not one of them.

I do not condone violence as you are all aware but twice men have required medical attention over snide mail order bride quips.

Most people seem to think my wifes in her very early 20s however fact of it is she's just 8 years younger than me. Orientals are reknowned for keeping youthful looks as they age so dont be too quick to assume a girl is as young as you think she is.

Our culture is no different. The women get with:

A - First bloke to knock em up

B- First bloke willing to take a single mom with baggage. (Usually a reasonably older man)

C - The man they feel can provide the financial stability she requires to raise her offspring in the best conditions possible.

Where's the difference?

At first I thought you were making a sarcastic joke about previous threads, and then......

WTF kind of diatribe is this that you've aimed at me Green. There was nothing offensive about my post. And as for not knowing the culture just because I havent been there....******! I lived and breathed thai boxing for much of my 20s, one of my muay thai instructors who also lived for it even had a thai wife of his own after visiting on and off for much of his life. We had many conversations, and I was often in contact with people that went across to fight over there and heard there stories upon thier return. As part of classes many trainers in the western world work to a syllabus, and within that syllabus is a lot about thai culture. WHy do they teach us this... in preparation for if we go and train or fight over there so we are recieved better by our hosts, and get more out of the experience. If you are angry about a ladyboy joke then I am sure you're aware that its actually a part of the thai culture that dates back a long time, and they are pretty much revered in thailand whereas not so much here.

I havent and wouldnt judge you for marrying an oriental woman, and by the looks of this thread no one else has.... so wind your neck in, as I'm not very good at treading on eggshells for someone thats clearly carrying issues from previously encountered stigma.

Wind your own neck in pal and turn down your oversensitive dial a touch.

My 'Offensive tone' comment was aimed at the general tone of the thread and not personally at you at all, where I have mentioned you it has been in response to comments you made.

If you don't want open debate and discussion on an open forum don't comment to begin with.

Hadn't even noticed a quip about lady-boys so that went over my head.

As for what you have learned in your classes I am sure it was most interesting and has some academic purpose someplace it is still not first hand knowledge experienced by you.

I did not comment to upset or pi$$ off any poster here, I commented to state my opinions for which I will not apologise for or back down from.

No I don't carry any stigma, it's just a fact that so many here are so quick to judge without any first hand knowledge of any situation.

As for the 'tone' I mentioned some of the comments made have portrayed Thai women as nothing more than whores to be bought and sold.

That's my piece on the matter and i'll make no further comment on this post.

Don't worry Green, theres no need to bow out of this thread, I'll bow out as I never realised I was even entering a debate. Nothing about any of the posts before yours, including the OP, suggested it was a debate of any kind. Feel free to take out your obvious anger on the next person that stumbles in without realising the issues you have.

well its an open forum so i will jump in here . i went to thailand for a 4week holiday many years ago .i found the people to be honest kind and gentle theravadian buddism is really a big thing there and it shows in the thai tolerance of westerners some of who behave really badly and show little respect for thai culture or people.from what i have heard from friends who have visited there recently the russian maffia are running a large part of the prostitution. drugs.and been buying up lots of real estate. and most of that stuff is in certain well known small areas. the rest of thailand. remains the same .i loved the place and people.

Well I lighten the thread up a little

And this is a true and not made up!

I once went out with Thai girl her name was Susan she was born in England her Thai parents moved here years ago but her dad was a midget

One day I get a call she's all upset asking me to go round to her dads because something has happened with the window cleaner!i am a window cleaner at the time!

When I get there police cars on drive and the window cleaner is being held up half unconscious by police putting him in car!i ask what's gone off and the window cleaner has stolen 500 out of kitchen and caught on camera!!

Anyways when her dad realised he rings him back up and asks him to go back and do insides

When he's finished he makes him a drink and tells him sit down,and from behind with a almighty swing off a rolled up yellow pages and the window is knocked clean out by a midget and a yellow pages!

Mind they where very thick back in the day lmao

Good old Muay Thai, the art of the 8 limbs. I've been doing it for the past year along with my 7 year old daughter (who absolutely loves it) great for fitness and self defence. Need to try and find more time to dedicate to it but work and family life limit my time.

muay thai is the ****. i did it for about 3 years in my late twenties (not too long ago) great for fitness and deadly effective

my customer didnt know it was going to be 18k, it started out 2k tops all in ,but then the agency kept upping the price, apparently thats the game they play,if you pull out early saying youre skint , well you get nothingif your new relatives are seriously wealthy id not stick around in the uk, oh no , id be milking the situation play them at their own game.

i personally think its disrespectful to call/rename anyone foreign by an easy-to-say british name. ages ago a chinese guy struck up a friendship with me ,told me to call him "david",but i wouldnt hear of it , i insisted on his birth name

Back