What is your canvassing script?

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by Cocker, Apr 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Cocker

Cocker Member

So just for fun, but, to perhaps help out those who may be nervous about knocking on doors...

What is everyone's opening words when knocking on a potential customers house?

I'll start (bare in mind this is untested and will be have a follow up video of me giving it a go on my other post... Cockers blog. Hopefully on Sunday evening)

*knock knock*
    Hi I'm really sorry to bother you,
    My names Tim.
    I've been cleaning some of your neighbours Windows and I'll be coming back in a couple of weeks, would you like a price for your windows for next time?

(This is where they say yes and you give them the price or they say •••• off and you return later with dog poo wrapped in newspaper put it on their doorstep and light it.... Knock on and run away... Leaving them to stamp out the flames in their slippers.... Their dog poo smelling slippers)

What is everyone's chosen opener?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

My niece is very good in sales..a bit of a genius when it comes to selling
    She says never say you are "sorry to bother you" as you are not.. you are there to provide something they "need"..they just don't know it yet lol

My script goes a bit like this

"Alright mate/ello sweetheart do you need a window cleaner"
    Works a treat for me
    I think half the battle is the confidence that shows when you talk rather than being shy and not looking comfortable knocking their door

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Cocker

Cocker Member

I agree that half the battle is confidence.

I'm not sure what reaction I would get if I got straight to the point. I'll have to give it a go and see which works best.

4. TolishAPurd

For the few houses I have canvassed I just kept it simple like Dave minus the mate/sweetheart lol. I think Paul dale is the post that everyone reads when they come on the site and it makes people feel that they need to have some lengthy cheesy sales patter before going canvassing, when here's just no need. You don't want to go in for the kill with a sale in this business or you'll end up with a load of messers. The moment you mention window cleaning you want those eyes to light up, they're the customers you want not the one you pressured into it- these people will just be trouble down the line.

5. Markyboy 50

How about..... I've noticed your windows are minging. You clearly need a window cleaner. Thing is do u want one? Let me give u a quote. Never fails lol

6. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

You tailer it to the house.

7. PJ Bullard

PJ Bullard Active Member

My script is: 'Hi I was wondering if you were interested in having your windows cleaned?'. Its working wonders for me thus far :thumbsup:

8. Cocker

Cocker Member

Sounds good. Simple and straight to the point.
    What kind of success rate? 1 in 10 houses?

9. PJ Bullard

PJ Bullard Active Member

Nah mate I wish it was one in ten.

I did two hours of that script on wednesday and got two new clients.

On other days I've prob walked 5 or 10 miles doing door knocking and I always have some success because I say to myself: 'Im not stopping until I get at least one' and then once I get that Im like: 'Right now Im going to get another and another' - and gradually you build a sort of momentum and it shows when you knock and your upbeat.

Other days I've got zilch..but I seem to always have friendly chats withh potential clients and I write quotes on the back of my business card. And then a week or two later once they've thou about it, they phone me and want to go ahead.

In the short time I've been doing this solo (I used to work with someone who taught me to be a windy), I've learnt that the more effort you put in - the better everything is. Hope this helped ;)

10. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

if i get one organic call from an area i clean there then knock up the neighbours say hey good morning/afternoon I've been working at Mr Jones house today window cleaning i wondered if you were also looking for a window cleaner? answer yes/no and how much £? yes then write down on the back of a business card or flyer with price and hand it over with a date when your next in the area i had an awesome day last sunday picked up 7 new customers on a 4 week clean

Advertisement