What kit do we need?

Discussion in 'Solar Panel Cleaning' started by Mr and Mrs window cleaner, Mar 5, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tags:
  1. Mr and Mrs window cleaner

Hi there,

We run a nice wfp window cleaning business and are looking to add solar panels to our offering.

Could someone let us know what's involved? Do we need extra tools/ special training to start? I read somewhere on this forum that we need to make sure we've got it added onto our insurance.

Sorry for the basic question, but I couldn't find an answer to my Q when looking through the forum.

Thanks a lot,

Jo

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Firstly check with your insurance. I am with Gleaming insurance (represented on here by Martin Holden) and Solar is included in the policy. Also ensure you are insulated, you can buy inexpensive gloves (look like gauntlets) that are designed to help protect you and also water tight rubber boots.

Then you need a pole long enough to reach. You will be amazed at how far a basic semi house roof installation is from the ground.

Good luck.

3. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

^^^ What's that? Not possible, took his toys and deleted his account so he says CHWS yet strangely the account remains undeleted and he was checking up on us all again at 10.51pm last night. ;)

5. Mr and Mrs window cleaner

Hi Green Pro, so there's actually no need for the training? I've seen some providers offering it, but it doesn't sound like it's completely necessary... Unless I'm missing something? We just clean them like we would a window?

Thanks

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Yep clean like a window but with a soft brush
    To be on the safe side wear gloves etc if you want but i don't bother
    My riggers are rated to resist mains current so i am fine except maybe the hose touching the ground earthing any current
    I've never had a shock though

But anyway i am not the expert
    Solar steve could give you advice but he wouldn't unless you gave him a couple hundred quid to tell you to wear boots and gloves

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I saw a van with his approved contractor sticker on it yesterday
    Never seen such a battered dodgy looking van but they must be ok as they have a sticker

8. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

:addict::bangheadwall:

9. Mr and Mrs window cleaner

Thanks daveyboy and Green Pro, v helpful.

Daveyboy what do you mean about the hose touching the ground? We can't avoid that surely?

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I know but that is unavoidable as it will always earth somewhere
    That's why i suggested gloves

Advertisement