Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2/3 Customers Said They Will Pay Me When They Get Paid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Often get things along those lines. Now that I don't collect I just shove an envelope in their hand and tell them to send it

Same as above, "can you come back on friday when I get paid" or "monday when I get my money?" err no sorry, we cant come out clean your windows, come back out at ***ht to collect, then come back a third time on another ***ht. We can give you an invoice and you can pay online, send a cheque, or even post the money in an envelope through my door, my address is on the bottom.

Am going to start doing that.... but not until i hit 100 customers...

Im going to write my address on a load of envelopes and just hand them it... they can put the money in their and post it to me.

start as you mean to go on buddy, if you don't set a precedent with the customer they will continue to waste your time until you make it clear that they are not being reasonable.

Would this be a good idea?

Post an envelope to them if their not in when i finished cleaning and put a note in their with my receipt/invoice saying.... please send the money stated on your receipt to the address written on the envelope within 7 days.

Thankyou

i have a late payment clause on my invoices :payment to be made with-in 14 days of invoce, Late payment could incur a £5 charge!

Not got a single person on my debt list!!!!

I couldnt do that rc ill lose customers ! haha

RC do u think that is a good idea what i said though mate ? do you think customers will buy a stamp and send me the money in an envelope ?

the main word in there is 'could' if you was late payment on a bill or bank there is always charges! why not for you bills!! the lastest i have ever had money has been 5-6 days, depending on the post.

do you really want to keep the customers that dont pay anyway!

not knowing the area you are from its hard to say, all my customers either pay cash or bank transfer, there is one that drives to my house 5 miles away to drop in £4! only have 3 that post it.

you could try that and see what happens, if not then its time to think if you need customers that you have to chase all the time and cost you more money than you get!

I understand, Im out and about everytime in the area where i work anyway... i cant sit still at home !

And when i started my business i said for me to profit from it i will have to get 100 customers... i got 75 customers now... and i can feel the money coming in much more now.

But once i got over 200 customers on my books.... i dont mind going to collect the money.... But if they take it to far then i will just take them off my round, i cant afford to lose customers at the moment

Even with a lot of customers on your books you still got to go collecting, I dont mind going out for 2 hours a week and collecting money to put bread on my table

Its part of the game /emoticons/tongue.png but i think when i get 200 customers i will take things from their. I will be phoning customers also about payment that is late /emoticons/smile.png

I had 1 customer today who said i wanna pay by bank transfer becaue it says on my receipts, i said its down at the moment... (im waiting for my business account to get through at the moment)... he had no money on him and had £3.00 and he needed £2.00 he goes to me i will pay you the rest by bank when i can mate.. i go no problem... he said to me i feel bad for not paying u i said to him next time ill charge u £7.00 he felt really bad though so i said dont worry ill see u in a month mate /emoticons/smile.png

Thats it

i've never been out collectin or ever hard to go back to anyone yet.

thats all you can do really,

i've said to myself that if i dont get a payment the 1st time, i will do them once more if still no payment, i dont do them anymore,!

I think am going to do that when i get 200 customers /emoticons/tongue.png Cos when u got 200 customers... u will be well known and u will get jobs coming in a lot more /emoticons/smile.png

Am going to leave it.... i know it wont work.... up the north easst ( teesside where i live ) all the window cleaners collect the money... but they all have decent customers... one window cleaner that i know is owed over £1,000 but he earns about £1,000 a week aswell...

I think collecting is the way forward for me.....

Aslong as i use under £40.00 a week petrol am happy /emoticons/tongue.png

its a few extra hours per week.... but its still worth it and am still going to make good money

I give envelopes to anybody over 10 miles away & it works great. Those that say can you come back I've dropped. If you don't go back when they get paid then they spend it. There the ones that really can't afford it. The benefit people. Collect once a month. Does a late penalty charge work? How can you prove you've cleaned them?

Yeah it makes sense while your building, but once you reach a certain level you may want to start having ***hts to yourself. You might end up having to pack a few bt it's all part of te filtering. I'm not brave enough to threaten fines myself although I think rc is right in principal!

Yeah I agree but how can you prove you've cleaned them. They don't sign anything & how can you prove you cleaned them over 14 day ago. I couldn't.

it works for me, i have never had to go back to a customer, so when i finish window cleaning, park the van up, fill it up and the ***ht is mine!

dont have any outstanding bills, and i get my money within 5 days of doing the work!

it not a threat, it just says :- late payment could incur a £5 charge.

every house has a dated invoice post through the door, i have records saying that i have done them, thats all you need,

Back