What made you start???

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Feb 23, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Ok so what made you start window cleaning and what did you do before hand, also what age were you when you started :(

Advertisement
  2. azzy

azzy Guest

was pushed out of my job as a shop manager - was no work so tried my hand at the windows as i did it when at school and bobs ur uncle. started at 24ish

good we business going now - JUST WANT WFS now :(

MUst rush bac to work now lol

3. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Erm. Well.
    Did building in school one day a week.
    Left school did landscape gardening for 2 years. Got layed off.
    Was a valeter at ford for 8 months.
    A friend had a window round and a couple lads so got on with them 2 days a week.
    Long story short ended up buyin the business off him, went halfs with my brother.
    6 months later he hated it so baught him out.
    Low and behold still doin it.
    That was 6 years ago i started
    Bin on my own for 3 years now.

4. laddergarder

I think I was 21 when I started, I was poorly treated at my last job, working in a shop as a supervisor. So started window cleaning part time, then the shop went under, so I went full time.

5. Ryan

Ryan Guest

well i'v just started

but i work 2 solid part time jobs and do my windows between 11 am and 5pm atm

last year i spent a few months on the windows and really enjoyed it :]

also iv always wanted something that's mine and when i make a effort i see the rewards i work hard in my 2 part time jobs for **** money also
    least on the windows if i work hard i'll see the rewards myself.

wish me luck :]

6. Posh

Posh Hero

21 years doing shift work. Morgage paid off. Kids gone. Thought sod it keep putting money in other peoples pocket put it in mine. Was self employed landscaper in the 80s but sat down 3 years ago and thought I'd give this a try as not much outlay and 3 years on am loving it and not looked back. And the rest they say is history.

7. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I left school & worked in insurance office for 6yrs- BORING!!!

Wanted out as money was rubbish too and my bro-in-law happened to be getting rid of some of his window work (he's started up but had a nasty fall so got another job). He kindly gave me some of his work which got me started & I've never looked back. So glad i did it!

8. James

James Guru

I've worked everywhere and got annoyed at not being able to use my own innitiative. I've worked for Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Co-op, the list in endless. I've also worked for various restaurants, sports shops, selling jewellry etc.

So I started my own window cleaning business. As long as you have knowledge in your sector and are hard working, you will do well.

James.

9. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I was working silly hours managing a chain of bike shops, then when my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer I needed time off to help look after him / hospital appts etc.

At the same time I was trying to refocus my life - work to live, not live to work, and as a Jehovah's Witness I wanted to spend more time trying to help others - with our preaching work.

Everything seemed to fall into place, and I've never looked back.

Advertisement