Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Self Assessment

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

There has been loads of adverts about getting it done by jan 31st to avoid fine.

I started in 20th dec 2012 and registered with hmrc on Wednesday 9th jan 2012 And it's currently being processed. So do I need to do this self assessment thing? Or not?

Confused.com /emoticons/sad.png

Iim not 100 % but I think you will have to sort yours from dec to April in may 2013

Pop in your local tax office explain your situation and get it direct from the horses mouth if your turnover is small enough can save yourself a lot of headaches as you may not have do half the stuff others do

I tried calling them n they told me to call back with a reference number, which I won't get till they processed my sign up.

Ill just wait to get ref an see I gusse lol

There has been loads of adverts about getting it done by jan 31st to avoid fine.

I started in 20th dec 2012 and registered with hmrc on Wednesday 9th jan 2012 And it's currently being processed. So do I need to do this self assessment thing? Or not?

Confused.com /emoticons/sad.png
Dont worry u dont need to do anything mate, that advert i heard aswell wer u can get a 100 kwid fine /emoticons/tongue.png lol thats only if ya late mate for the people hu gotta do a tax return before january

U got 1 year mate /emoticons/smile.png all u need to do is keep note of ya income n expenses and then wat to do is... On ya 11th month of trading submit ya tax return by goin to an accountant or doin it yaself i got an accountant all i do is gov her my receipts my incone and she submits it for me /emoticons/smile.png lol

You won't have to do anything now but you will hear from them about April for 2012-2013 so you will only have a few months of books to put in, and you have until jan 14 to send in via online or can't remember when for on paper think oct/nov13?. They will also send a letter with plenty of notice for ni payments, If you have said you will pay, you don't have to until you reach something like £5kish.. Next year will be your full one. Did they not offer you a free course to help with everything?

Nope. I just signed up for hmrc online on Wednesday, that said it would take a while then couple days later I saw all the adverts so I rung them up and they said they can't help until its been confirmed as to if i am registered or not. And because I have registered as a sole trader but with a business name, they need to check the business name isn't trademarked or anything and then they can help lol

Back