Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

leaking hose reel connector advice

paul1

Hi guys

The conector on the inside of my hose reel as started leaking constantly dripping. Its a claber aquastop one...

Does it have to be an aquastop on the inside or can I use any standard connector? One on outside.is just standard gf one?

Cheers

It may be a bad rubber o ring on the bit that the connector goes on to

Try changing that if you can nick one off your garden hose reel to see if it's that

You may find it to be the hose reel manifold not the connecter, there prone to getting hairline cracks, mine have gone a few times, current one leaking too.

cheers if I do replace the connector does it have to be a aquastop kind or will any standard connector do? thanks

cheers if I do replace the connector does it have to be a aquastop kind or will any standard connector do? thanks
It doesn't have to be aqua-stop. However, it's most likely the rubber O-ring on the male connector to which the female fits- replace both the O-ring and the connector to be sure.

Back