What order and how much...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gleam123, Jul 12, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Ok got my DI vessel today! I currently have a carbon filter that comes after my pump and before my reel and wfp, my question is should I put the DI after the carbon filter and before the reel and wfp or in between the filter and pump? Currently I have it set up after the carbon filter.

Another question I have is the vessel is an 11ltr so would 10ltr of resin be enough or would I need to pack it right to the top?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ben:)

Advertisement
  2. The order should be water tank to pump to carbon filter to di vessel to hose. do you have a flow controller? also first time you can afford i'd really advise investing in a second di vessel.

Ten litres should cover it as the inside of the vessel will take up some space or you could buy 10 litres then a 1 litre bag from ebay if needed

Col

3. I put the carbon filter before the tank. The only thing after the tank is pump then DI vessel to hose.

I am pretty sure this is how most do it but I suppose it does not matter.

4. yead i'd do it that way if always filling from home but i top up a lot using cistomers garden taps and its one more thing to carry.

col

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

buy a bag of resin this should do two recharges and fill the vessel to just below the shoulder,pour a glass of water into the resin before you screw the riser back in (makes it easier to slide) I would dump the carbon filter and fit two DI after the pump as soon as possible

6. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Thanks Everyone, great advice as always

The carbon filter wont be a problem in the meantime till I can afford a new DI vessel will it?

7. i agree with nearlyclean 2 di's should be your priority, won't hurt to use your carbon meantime.

col

Advertisement