Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ladder toe

WCF

Help Support WCF:

norm

thought i had gout as a rivetting post :rolleyes: i put on a wile ago explained but i am pretty sure i got ladder toe

ladder toe has been caused by tight fitting trainers with no give when on toes wile standing and climbing ladders

instead of using full foot i have been on my toes in hard trainers with little give

swapped my trainers and changed my ladder etiqette with far less tippy toes and my toe has been a lot less sore and swollen :thumbsup:

this is not to be confused with camel toe which i dont have or get , thought i would mention that:rolleyes:

What are u wearing now? I wear work boots but no real idea if they are good to wear or not

yeh I had one pair of boots that did my toe in regular..

I swear they came with some built in tormentor...

at one point I couldnt bear the weight of the blankets on my big toe...but alls well now..

hope your paws er toes get better norm:D

What are u wearing now? I wear work boots but no real idea if they are good to wear or not
im wearing v light trainers as i go on my toes even when try not to and the heavier trainer was causing me grief

if your boots are comfy and safe should be good as @Smurf says he uses, the heel is a safer option than trainers prevents your foot slipping into the ladder

have to get of my toes and use the healed option

When doing ladder work I prefer sturdy footwear with a proper heal myself @norm
definetly safer Smurf than trainers:thumbsup:

the mrs said i should get moses sandals cheeky woman

Wear theses type of boots.Very comfortable and when climbing ladders not that I do much anymore.

Easy on the feet.

Just saying.
10658765_10207231336770146_4692360696403936110_o.jpg
look sturdy and small heel :thumbsup:

I wear trainers but i know from my mate at sky that they are made to wear boots with heels as ppe to avoid slipping on the rungs

I wear trainers but i know from my mate at sky that they are made to wear boots with heels as ppe to avoid slipping on the rungs
yeah my foot has slipped a couple of times daveyboy1 my trainers had wore down and hadn't noticed this got my attention after a man pants moment

the softer the sole the better for ladderwork. dont wear any kind of safety shoe or boot cos that mix of rubber is very slippy on ladder rungs

I've never had an issue myself with wearing safety boots for ladder work.

But then again I don't do loads of ladder sets every day like trad only guy's mostly do.

QUOTE="boarcity, post: 247993, member: 5300"]the softer the sole the better for ladderwork. dont wear any kind of safety shoe or boot cos that mix of rubber is very slippy on ladder rungs

Posh you know. .only the best

Came from nike shop on the chans elysee in paris

110 euros for a pair of trainers and i kept the receipt for the taxman..heehee

the softer the sole the better for ladderwork. dont wear any kind of safety shoe or boot cos that mix of rubber is very slippy on ladder rungs
what makes of trainers do you use boacity?

i tend to be a hitec man at £20 ish maybe sole is a big difference on the er higher end of the market

me not like spending too much :rolleyes:

Posh you know. .only the bestCame from nike shop on the chans elysee in paris

110 euros for a pair of trainers and i kept the receipt for the taxman..heehee
new pair of luxury trainers and a naughty week end in paris

you one happy man :happy:

Love my trainers

Wife doesn't as she says it's the woman who should have a huge shoe collection

what makes of trainers do you use boacity?i tend to be a hitec man at £20 ish maybe sole is a big difference on the er higher end of the market

me not like spending too much :rolleyes:
originally i was a Mercury man, the marshmallow soles have excellent grip--the very best.downside i went thru a new pair every 6 weeks as marshmallow wears in no time !

these days im an Adidas zx750 man. i stumbled on these after buying a few random trainers secondhand and WOW i immediately realized why these are so popular since the 1980s unchanged .

they can take a proper beating and come back for more , great grip on the rungs and last me a good 6/12 months or more .

i always buy mine secondhand almost new on Ebay, 20/30 quid touch. new they are about 60-80 depending on how popular the colour is.

Safety boots/trainers a must.

I suffered from what i thought was gout in my big toe for years then i discovered that one of the reasons apart from one foot was slightly longer than the other was i was kicking the rung catch on an old Ramsey ladder to extend it while wearing a pair of trainers.

Wore safety boots since and never had a problem.

you wont get any worse than safety shoes, this is a himalaya brand. i bought these thinking ah long lasting rubber sole-oil prooff, with an air bubble in the heel,comfy hmmmm these will be jus the ticket for me... WRONG theyre as slippy as **** on the ladders , i promise you you will be off the ladders in your first year if you use them View attachment 4788

Back