Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ladder toe

Like I've mentioned before depend how mental you are going up and down ladders @boarcity as I've never had any issues lossing my grip on the rungs using safety boots myself.

originally i was a Mercury man, the marshmallow soles have excellent grip--the very best.downside i went thru a new pair every 6 weeks as marshmallow wears in no time !
these days im an Adidas zx750 man. i stumbled on these after buying a few random trainers secondhand and WOW i immediately realized why these are so popular since the 1980s unchanged .

they can take a proper beating and come back for more , great grip on the rungs and last me a good 6/12 months or more .

i always buy mine secondhand almost new on Ebay, 20/30 quid touch. new they are about 60-80 depending on how popular the colour is.
good to know :thumbsup:

and they sound like a motorbike

Like I've mentioned before depend how mental you are going up and down ladders @boarcity as I've never had any issues lossing my grip on the rungs using safety boots myself.
which brand are you using//? put up a foto of the sole pls

I wonder is it down to quality of sole on either safety boot / trainer with the cheap versions letting us down?

my foot has slipped inward and i know a heel of a safety boot would have prevented this but maybe a higher end trainer wouldn't have slipped

Any old trainers will do except the canvass type ones which have the completely flat smooth sole..although if i am wearing them and then pop out to do a quick job i often forget to change them

I think we all tend to over analyse these things

Hard boots with a heel are safer but if you want to wear trainers any will do

Expensive trainers unless proper running ones are usually expensive due to the name..still made for 25p by some 8 year old in thailand

I had been getting issue with my big toe, wasnt on ladders much either, just ill fitting shoes, certain way moved foot, big toe felt like it was going to snap, not a nice feeling:gush:

its worth experimenting to find one that suits you AND the job

i read online that a cheap black trainer [of a make i cannot recall] was regarded highly by restaurant workers who are on their feet all day . so i bought a pair, good grip on rungs oh yes but not comfey ,by midday my feet ached . in case id bought a duff pair i went on to get 2 more pairs, each same result , not good for me . iv jus rememmbered they were hitec brandView attachment 4799

Last edited:
Good quality boots and a good quality mattress cos if you ain't on one you're on the other, I wear grisport contractor boots, great on ladders and slippy surfaces and are very comfy with a soft sole, and light enough too, £50 on amazon

Probably not the type of boot most trad cleaners would wear but I've found magmum good boots for what I want to use them for.

Probably not the type of boot most trad cleaners would wear but I've found magmum good boots for what I want to use them for.
look the dogs boll-x them @Smurf

and good for kicking down bad payers doors as well:clap:

I've been instructed by the boss to stop 'lurking...!' so here goes :)

Very interesting subject and I'm surprised no-one has made a strap-on over shoe to spread the load from the narrow rung across the whole of the foot, not that you're going to be spending a long time on each window - but it has to mount up to a good proportion of you time on the knife edge over the day, so to speak...

Back