What Pole And Brush Combo?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by scotty_boy, May 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

was looking for information on the best/most recommended pole for cleaning solar panels please thanks.

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

I have a 47ft extreme and i use the gardiner cladding brush with fan jets.

Lovely set up.

3. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

thanks for quick reply will look into it cheers.

4. OoO

OoO Guest

The extreme 47 is 703£ plus the vat.

I would personally invest as little as possible in domestic solar panel cleaning. Most customers are ignorant when it comes to solar panel cleaning.

5. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

right was thinking i could add it to my business aswell as alot of people round my way have solar panels thought it would be a little earner.

6. OoO

OoO Guest

I have quoted silly prices before. Like 10£ for 8 panels as i was doing some next door and they said no.

We got good response in winter months. But nothing now, well had a call yesterday (not confirmed job yet)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Before investing in kit I would speak to ppl that have spc fitted first as most you might find simply don't want it done. Main reason is they have been told by companies that fit them they do not need cleaning as solar panels come with self cleaning glass. In the uk climate with the amount of rainfall we get they are probably correct in saying so.

8. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

cheers for the replies will ask a few people who fitted there solar panels and see what the manufactures have recommended to them regarding cleaning.

9. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

10. Solar Steve

Solar Steve Guest

Be careful not to scratch the panels with that brush mate. Bristles are quite hard aren't they?

Advertisement