What pole??

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by garry, Jul 30, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. garry

garry Member

hi all its time to replace my pole but im looking at getting a lighter one, whats the best/lightest pole to buy n where from? 27 foot im looking at, at pure freedom they are glass fibre, carbon composite or the phoenix poles. the carbon composite and phoenix are a lot lighter than the glass fibre so it will be between the 2, but the prices of the phoenix are a lot lower than the carbon composite, can any1 enlighten me to why its cheaper etc??

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

the pheonix is a very fast pole in use its lite an stiff alltho its not the litest on the market the gardener extreem will b the litest but very pricy have u looked at the xline poles very good buy all acounts alltho it will b slower in use compaired to the facelift due to having side ways clamps but will last longer :)

3. garry

garry Member

yes ive seen the gardiner ones but not sure if they are worth the extra 200 for a bit less in weight. where are xline poles??ny more websites besides gardiner and pure freedom?

4. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

5. keir

keir Guru

I believe the phoenix become more durable the bigger they get, a lad i know has a huge one not sure exactly what size but even though its full carbon it still weighs a ton, he has had it years and never had any issues with it.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have a clampless pole which use to be self erecting by the flick of the wrist but sadly not anymore :rolleyes:

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

by they way before anyone asks here is a vid of a clampless pole

I bet you was not expecting that :D

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

That happens with age smurf
    Needs help erecting

9. garry

garry Member

im still unsure whether to get a phoenix , there must be reason they are a lot cheaper than other carbon poles of similar weight

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

the china classic poles r very good same as the pheonix but biger clamps with possative stops unlike the pheonix they have the old facelift clamps on them there propa cheep

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/telescopic-poles-window-cleaning-poles_642510743.html
    i no a few people with these an there very inpressed u can get a 18ft an a 45ft for £440 all in delivered
    they do 18ft 23ft 35ft 45ft they also do a 50ft moduler pole like the gardeners one!!!wrth a look

Advertisement