What pressure washer?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Brandon, May 24, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

Evening all, thinking about adding pressure washing to my services as I do window cleaning mainly. I don't want to spend a huge amount on a pressure washer as I'm only doing it to the earn a bit on the side, would one of the mid-higher model Karchers be good enough for driveways, patios and things like that? Doesn't have to be Karcher mind!! Any suggestions would be appreciated, cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Advertisement
  2. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I just got my new Honda gp 200 today :party::party::party: £560 of jetmac

3. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I bought a cheap chinese thing for £200. It worked ok and did the job but dropped to bits after using it on 3 proper jobs.
    Honda all the way for my next one

4. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Phone ben at Rutland pumps and ask if they have any ex demos.

5. chrissyman

chrissyman Member

Going cheap will end up a false economy mate. Bite the bullet...go for a decent one first off say around 15 lpm.

If your half serious about it you ll make your money back quickly.

Say the karchers around 6/7 lpm. A four hour job becomes an 8 hour job. Sounds allright for a couple of jobs but wont be long before you realise should have went with a better machine.

Just my opinion tho.

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Couldn't agree more with above post. I used to use a karcher K7 and did average size drives which took forever and was soul destroying. After getting my Briggs and Stratton motor washer, I'll take any size drive, and its so much quicker

7. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Karchers are good for small flagged patios -
    But if you want to do large block paved drives then you will end up in tears
    £560 from jet mac sounds good

8. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I'm well pleased with it and can't wait to use it properly. Sorry for going of subject but what revs do you keep your washer on ? Also there is a thing on the pump for psi, what do you set that at ?

9. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

I have 2 Honda gx390's 15lpm if you are serious about doing patios/ driveways you can't charge serious money then roll up with a karcher

10. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

Hi lads thanks for all your replies, I do agree that you get what you pay for! What do you guys think about this....
    Wolf 200 BAR, 3000psi, 6.5HP Heavy Duty Petrol Driven Pressure Power Washer - Full Spares & Service Support - Kit Includes Gun, Lance, 4 Quick Fit Nozzles and 6m High Pressure Hose Wolf 200 BAR, 3000psi, 6.5HP Heavy Duty Petrol Driven Pressure Power Washer - Full Spares & Service Support - Kit Includes Gun, Lance, 4 Quick Fit Nozzles and 6m High Pressure Hose: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Advertisement