Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting Out Cleaning Conservatory Roofs - What Equipment?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shrew

Hi Guys

At the moment I have a small business cleaning driveways and also have a gutter vac whic I do now and again. I want to expand the services I can offer my clients and thought cleaning conservatories is the way to go.

I'm just unsure abot the best methods and equipment for cleaning..

Obviously I'll need a conservatory ladder to get up the finials and have my eye on an Easi-dec as it looks safe and sturdy and has a kneeling board (a bonus as I imagine kneeling on ladder rungs is no fun at all!)

What I'm unsure of is whether a water fed pole with telescopic handle is best or whether to use a hand brush up close and personal with a cleaning solution if needed? There are pros and cons of both but just wanted some advice from the guys who do this every day!

Thanks for any advice, it'll help me a lot.

Cheers

Steve

I use a normal ladder with a ladder stay on it and a telescopic water fed pole with a soap dispencer in the water line

Pump sprayer with either virosol or ubik2000 spray on let it work its magic then s rub with wfp and tap water. Final rinse with pure.

As long as the weather is ok I a, doing a roof today. So will take pics etc with description.

Be careful with Viro Sol

l splashed some neat on what I thought was a upvc cill on a conservatory. By the time I got a cloth to wipe it away it had removed the paint completely from the cill. I was gutted.

It turned out to be an Aluminium painted Conservatory. I thought it was just very old and tatty upvc.

Be careful with Viro Sol

l splashed some neat on what I thought was a upvc cill on a conservatory. By the time I got a cloth to wipe it away it had removed the paint completely from the cill. I was gutted.

It turned out to be an Aluminium painted Conservatory. I thought it was just very old and tatty upvc.
Good tip spc I'll watch out for that.

Oops!

Be careful with Viro Sol

Deep cleaning a conservatory roof properly can be hard graft and can take a lot longer than you think it would. Access can also be a major issue even with a conservatory roof ladder at times. To be honest If I can't charge a good wack I stay clear of them now.

I have a minimum price for them depending on style, if lean to type it starts at £45, victoriana style start at £65.

A decent conservatory ladder, would be great but I manage without just fine. I have a 4 step ladder and a telescopic one.

I clean most connys from the ground floor, even the fiddly bits.

A good sprayer is a must and so is Ubik 2000, I would not bother with the virosol it has stained upvc before for me so class it as a liability.

Hedgehog brush also very useful.

A methodical approach and leave time for Ubik 2000 to do all the hard work. Don't be afraid to reapply as necessary for stubborn bits.

It can be hard work, just remember work smarter not harder.

Thanks very much guys, some useful info to point me in the right direction

On the sprayer, is there any that you reccommend using?

Also agree with a decent pressure sprayer and ubik, which I to have found much better than virosol. I to have an easi dec conservatory ladder and love it. Though I did buy a twin glass suction cup and use instead of the single one supplied. Just be careful if you're brushing the finial as if they are old or weak you can easily break one off! And I also check under the finial where the roof is sealed, I see so many that have silicon that's come away and if you start squirting water up there to rinse then they'll have a puddle inside their conservatory!!

Good to hear your getting on well with your easi-dec wmc. They are indeed a handy bit of kit to use when needed :Image9:

Good to hear your getting on well with your easi-dec wmc. They are indeed a handy bit of kit to use when needed :Image9:
Sure am smurf. Had a huge demand for conservatory cleans in the last month so was well worth the investment. Am focusing most of my time on conservatory cleans, love doing them!

Thanks everyone, some good tips. It's good to find a friendly forum to exchange ideas, if anyone needs any advice on gutter cleaning and drive cleaning just give me a shout and I'll help if I can!

Looks like there's a lot of love for the easy-dec and with the summer finally here it might be worth the investment /emoticons/smile.png

Back