what reading should tds meter be?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by 1stopcleaning+maintenance, May 28, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. 1stopcleaning+maintenance

hi could any 1 tell me the ideal tds meter reading. im persuming 000? my water reading as 003. is that ok ? is there any way to get it any lower?
    steve 1stop cleaning+maintenance

Advertisement
  2. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

003 is fine. Most people use theirs up til around 005 I think, but anything up to 010 is meant to be ok for window cleaning.

Are you using a DI vessel? If so, changing the resin should make it 000.

3. 1stopcleaning+maintenance

mate i may sound stupid but im not sure i know its an r.o filter not sure if theres a di vessel built into that, its 1 from purefreedom came as part as a package.
    thanks for reply mate

4. simon

simon Guru

i normally change my resin at 12 & i've never had a problem. i changed it yesterday at 8 cos of the weather but i had some water left in the tank & it tested at 6 & used it all day fine

5. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I'm Di only so not sure about ur ro, tho I think some have a built in Di cartridge, I could be wrong...if so this might need new resin. If not u might need a Di filter.

What ppm is ur water out the tap?

6. mark m

mark m Hero

003 is fine

7. 1stopcleaning+maintenance

[​IMG] this should display a pic of the r.o unit i use, is this a combined r.o and d.i filter? has any 1 got any tips on how to maintain it, my water is readin 003 at min can i get that any lower? Steve 1stop cleaning+maintenance

Attached Files:

8. chip

chip Guru

Hi 1stop, judging by the pic, it looks as if you have 3 membranes, 3 filters and a di. Unless your tap tds is ridiculous, you ought to be able to get down to o. I'd expect the di to be in the housing that sits alone, so have a look in there to see if there is any resin in, having 3 membranes could well get the water to 3 without resin. Make sure the housing is very tight. If its still 3try new resin. Only other thing I can think is if they are cheap quality membranes, but don't ask me the name of the best cos I forget! But mine are 3 yrs old, 2 of them and on there way out but I still get o tds for about 600 ltrs with the same amount of resin you use, with water going into it at thirty odd.
    Oh, did you flush the membranes for an hour or 2? You have to do that when they are new!

9. 1stopcleaning+maintenance

Iv opend up the white cylcinder there's nuffin in it is this where the resin goes, if not where does it go . I flushed the water for 3 hours yesterday iv got it down to 004 won't go any lower than that, I'm thinkin is it this resin business thatl will take it down steve stone
    [hr]
    Yeh I flushed it about 3hours before I forst used it, where will I find there resin ? Steve

10. chip

chip Guru

Yep, needs filling! Can't see it being a filter! Tulsion mixed bed 115 is the good stuff. Get it from daqua, 5 litre bag about 25 quid will do about 6 fills, should last you a year comfy, I get about 2 months, can buy bigger bags but at 4 tds I don't see a need, but suit yourself, as has been said you could clean without bothering, but most would for peace of mind. Do you happen to know your waste/pure ratio is? You're tempting me to add a third membrane

Advertisement